Barbara

Lauren003
on 6/12/06 8:55 pm - , NC
You are so beautiful and have similar features to my grandmother from Honduras. Is your family from there also?
jennb40
on 6/12/06 10:48 pm - Nashua, NH
Thank you for your kind comments - you are too sweet! Unfortunately I am probably old enough to be your grandmother! I am not from Hondruas though - I was born in Nashville, TN and lived there until 6 years ago when I moved to New Hampshire. We are going back to TN in 6 years when my hubby and I both retire! I am sure I would be proud to be your grandmother though! Have a good day. Barbara
Lauren003
on 6/13/06 3:15 am - , NC
Do you have the Tennessee accent? I just love it! My family used to go to Gatlinburg sometimes (quite a drive from south Louisiana!) and my favorite things to do were listening to the locals speak and going to the Haunted House that's there. Thank you for the comment about being proud to be my grandma. I try to live my life in a way that I have no regrets and it's kept me on a fairly straight path.
~ Stylz ~
on 6/13/06 9:07 am - North of Boston, MA
does she have an accent?? Lauren, I have to tell you a Barbara story.. Her and I had surgery the same day, same hospital and were actually neighbors (rooms next to each other) during our hospital stay. We found each other here on OH and emailed for weeks before talking. I had NO idea she had an accent! She commutes to Boston everyday and figured she was this metro woman whos lived up here forever! I saw her at a support group a couple weeks before surgery and was suppose to talk to her after the meeting, something happened, we waved at eachother but didnt talk. Two weeks later we had another meeting and when she said hi Karen I was so surprised at that little southern accent! It really took me for a loop now we talk often so I'm use to it, but its still nice to hear
jennb40
on 6/13/06 9:22 pm - Nashua, NH
Ya'll know I have a southern accent! In fact most everyday someone asks me..."you aren't from around here are you?"!!! Of course up here nobody says their "r's" - they drive a cah...have a sista....they live in Baustuuuun....!!! My husband is from here and it took a while for us to get used to each other's accent! It is funny how we all have such accents based on which part of the country you live in! I have been here 6 years and don't seem to be losing much of my accent! Ahhh...Gatlinburg - I love that place - such a quaint little town all nestled in the Smokey Mountains! But such a tourist trap also!
~ Stylz ~
on 6/13/06 8:59 am - North of Boston, MA
you need a new pic Ms. Barbara! cant wait to see the change!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views