Sweet cinnamon pork rinds

Lauren003
on 6/12/06 9:09 am - , NC
Okay, I've never been a pork rind person. The thought of it would actually make my throat catch. BUT I was looking for something sweet on netrition.com and they have these cinnamon ones really cheap called Cinnamunch and they're made with sucralose (Splenda). They totally satisfy the want for crunchy sweetness with a hint of salty. They're not even bad nut. stats! I serving has 45 cal, 3g fat (no trans or sat.), 1g carb, 0g sugar, 0g sugar alcohols and 5g protein. You'll love them! You know what they kind of taste like are those twisty things at Taco Bell! Melt in your mouth goodness
Lucy A.
on 6/12/06 10:04 am - Janesville, WI
Hi Lauren! Thank you so much! I have been racking my brain on what I can eat that is sweet and cruchy!!! I am going to that website right now!!! Thank you for taking the time to share that bit of information! Lucy
Barbara M.
on 6/12/06 11:37 am - St. Louis, MO
I have ordered them as we speak! Thanks!
Lauren003
on 6/12/06 12:54 pm - , NC
Yeah girls! Tell me what you think when they arrive!
alaskanbat
on 6/12/06 6:25 pm - Wasilla, AK
That is so funny! Tonight while my kids were eating their buttery popcorn (which I am staying away from) I needed SOMETHING to munch on. I made a package of the hot and spicy microwavable pork rinds. I had gotten them for hubby as a joke... because I couldn't stand pork rinds! I got to looking at the package. They were low in fat, almost null on the carbs, and high in protein! So I tried them! YUM! Spicy and crunchy! Patti
Lauren003
on 6/12/06 8:44 pm - , NC
Hi Patti! How did they cook up? I've seen them sold but in my mine thought 'Why in the world would anyone buy that?!' because I pictured little squares of pig skin leather and fat. Gives me goosebumps! A whole new world has opened up for us, I suppose!
Darlene X
on 6/13/06 3:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
Just keep in mind, the protein in pork rinds is not a complete protein, so you can't really count it towards any protein totals for the day.
Lauren003
on 6/13/06 3:18 am - , NC
What's a complete protein? How do we know how to identify them on nut. labels?
Darlene X
on 6/13/06 3:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
Tooter talks about it all the time... always comes up on the heated discussions about pork rinds on the main forum... cause essentially your eating pork fat--- not the best snack choice... so there is always arguing back n forth between those who eat them and those who don't. Everyone can choose what they want to eat. Beans actually aren't a complete protein either, they need to be combined with other things to make them complete--- thats why so many cultures eat beans & rice together--- that makes it a complete protein. I don't know too much about the topic, Tooter may have some stuff written on her bariaricbytes website? I dunno.
Darlene X
on 6/13/06 3:37 am - Maricopa, AZ
Oh and PS: A serving of pork rinds contains the same amount of fat as 4 teaspoons of lard and the cholestrol of 2 slices of bologna.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views