Passing out....

Angela S.
on 6/12/06 12:04 pm - St. Ann, MO
I have passed out three times in the past week and a half. I told my surgeon when I saw him last week and they said I was probably just dehydrated. I passed out again since then so went to my PCP this morning and he did some blood work and an EKG. EKG was normal. I am having a brain scan and MRI on Friday morning. I am hoping it isn't seizures, probably just blood levels.
miminjoey
on 6/12/06 12:12 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
wow! I would think dehydration too...I sure hope it is something that simple..will be thinking of you! Mimi
Lauren003
on 6/12/06 1:00 pm - , NC
Oh how terrifying! Hope they find the cause pronto!
MsKeara
on 6/12/06 1:08 pm - Baldwin, WI
Hi Angela, I co-worker of mine had surgery just over a year ago. She said she fainted a few times too. Hers was related to protein intake and blood glucose levels. She's not diabetic, but she had some problems. Her protein was up'd and she says she never had another problem. I guess fainting can be caused by a number of things. I'm glad you PCP is looking into it rather than just making an assumption (even it the assumption is right). Good luck and keep us posted! MsKeara
chozen V.
on 6/12/06 2:59 pm - st louis, MO
Hope you feel better soon Angela
~ Stylz ~
on 6/12/06 5:09 pm - North of Boston, MA
I was told exactly what Ms. Keara mentioned. We aren't eating sugar, we're not getting in tons of protein. Sunday I was planting tomato plants and got up too quick and felt dizzy. Its happened a couple times, but friends who have had bypass surgery have told me to expect it. I sat down for a few, got up again and was ok. Did they mention checking your blood work?
timsdanni
on 6/12/06 9:23 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
scary!! are you getting enough water at all? keep us posted!! prayers going your way danni ENJOYING THE JOURNEY
jennb40
on 6/12/06 10:52 pm - Nashua, NH
I am so sorry you are having this problem....BUT prayers are going your way for a quick diagnosis and simple solution. You take care of yourself. Barbara
Pat T.
on 6/13/06 8:38 am - Rome, NY
I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope they find the problem soon. Please let us know what they find out!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views