If you keep track of calories and carbs...

Barbara M.
on 6/12/06 2:37 am - St. Louis, MO
I am going on four months out and I would like to know from those of you about this time how many calories/carbs were you comfortable with IF you were keeping track. I know a lot of you aren't/weren't, but I think I need to because I am lightweight and I am at a point now where it is not coming off without a little more effort. My nurse educator won't give me much in the way of guidelines - she says "Listen to your body." Well, my body doesn't tell me anything. I can eat a pretty significant amount of food without discomfort but I don't think I should be, so I would like a general discussion of where you all were/are and what you are eating in the way of calories/carbs. Let me add that I have been very limited in the way of exercise and will be for about another month due to a broken foot right after WLS and then ensuing complications from that... Thanks for any and all input!
luckycat1
on 6/12/06 2:51 am - Cincinnati, OH
Hello, I track everything I eat and my exercise on fitday.com Last week I averaged 464 cals. 17 from fat and 25 carbs. I have to go see my nut this week for ideas on new foods and snacks to increase my intake a little because I exercise everyday.
timsdanni
on 6/12/06 3:53 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I track EVERYTHING!! I am a bit obsesive compulsive about it but I figure it will help in the long run. I average about 970 in calories, 125 grams of protien. now before you flip and thing oh my gosh she eats tons relize that 400 cals a day are protien powder I am not so sure about carbs b/c I eat them as I crave them but only after I have enough protien in. my nut and doc say rest of life 1200 cals a day MAX and 80-100 grams of protien a day for LIFE. I am staying under 1000 really nicely. I have gone over about 3 times - yesterday being the last time - I was in pain and no pain meds that I could take and so I self medicated with food - not a great idea but I only went over by 30something calories. I find that the more I track the pickyer I am over what I eat - if one chese has 5 grams of protien for 100 cals and another has 6 or 7 for 50 I don't care what the price tag says I am buying the second one and eating it my doc says he can see between 4 and 6 months when people are not exersizing b/c at that point you can eat a bit more and you stop losing AS easy. how is your foot now? can you do upper body wieght lifting? upping the amount of muscle you have in your body will help you lose - so even if all you do is sit in a wheelchair and lift hand wieghts you will make progress - no not as fast as someone insane like me who is doing 90 mins of cardio a day but you will make progress!! and what kind of bites is the first 3-4 months most people lose as fast as I have been working out or not its after that that is make a huge diffence and as I am really hard headed I started early so I could try to establish the best habbits possible sorry this got really long hope it helps at least some though - check out fitday.com for free tracking program for food and exersize danni 372/297/170 ENJOYING THE JOURNEY
miminjoey
on 6/12/06 6:57 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I also track on fitday.com. I range anywhere from 500 to 1000 calories. it depends on what day I focused on liquids and which day I focused on protein. As far as carbs and fat....I don't really focus on either...I mainly eat meat maybe 1 piece of bread a day...breads and pasta don't set well with me so i just avoid them. I do as much as i can either no fat or reduced. My body doesn't tell me squat either! Mimi
Pat T.
on 6/12/06 7:32 am - Rome, NY
The past week, I have been eating between 700 and 900 calories a day. I try to get 40 gm of protein in, and do not count carbs or fat. I am also a lightweight, and have only been losing 2 pounds a week for the past few weeks, that is why I tried to increase the calories. I am hoping that it will help me get the rest of the weight off faster. Good Luck!
Lauren003
on 6/12/06 8:38 am - , NC
I don't keep track, I'm sorry. I wonder why your nut is being so vague when you're asking her directly what your guidelines should be. That has to be frustrating!
timsdanni
on 6/12/06 11:03 am - Ft Stewart, GA
check out the what did you eat today for ideas also - sometimes I look at what people eat and go wow how did you eat all that and other times I go wow how do you live on that little so remember we are all differnt danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views