Hair Loss

MsKeara
on 6/11/06 1:36 pm - Baldwin, WI
Thanks for all of the responses. My husband is trying to convince me that no one will be able to tell. I'm inclinded to agree since I'm having my hair braided again tomorrow morning. No one will ever see it. Now, if an entire braid falls out, I'm going to check myself in to a mental healt unit for the next month or so. I know it's going to get better and I knew it was going to happen. It's just weird. MsKeara
JenWilBeSkinE
on 6/12/06 2:30 am - Peculiar, MO
I'm seeing more hair in the shower too. I don't cut my hair at all. I've always lost alot of hair before but there is much more of it now. I've always heard that constant braiding can be harmful to the hair. And cornrows can definately break off the hair to a degree. Maybe you could back off on the braids for a while and try another do and see if you still experience breakage and loss issues. But take heart I've never read of where anyone has lost a whole braid or gone bald yet. We'll all make it through! -Jen
sweetless
on 6/12/06 6:53 am - Dubuque, IA
The hair loss started slowly about 3 weeks ago and has continued. What I wasn't prepared for was the loss of eyelashes. I began to notice this weekend when I washed off my mascara there were several (6) eyelashes on the rag. If this continues my eyes will be bald! I have been using Nioxin products for about a year and hopefully this will help with the hair loss. I think this is one of the biggest side effects of the surgery that I was dreading. Good luck to everyone out there. Wendy
MsKeara
on 6/12/06 1:03 pm - Baldwin, WI
Wow... I didn't think about the eye lashes. I'll have to keep a watch for that. Why can't the hair just fall off my legs or something? That would save me some time and I wouldn't complain about it. MsKeara
MsKeara
on 6/12/06 1:01 pm - Baldwin, WI
I actually do a modified twist for that reason. However, I did get small french braids in the front. Back off my braids? That would mean actually combing my hair every morning. One change at a time. LOL MsKeara
Sondra J. S.
on 6/12/06 4:19 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi ladies, I had also noticed some hair loss, but my hair is so long and thick that you can't tell where it's coming from, it has thankfully started to ease up on coming out. I cut my bangs, and I think I cut them a little too short, I noticed that my hair isn't growing back as fast as it used to in the past, but I figure that that is just a side effect from the surgery, Oh, well, that is ok. I figure if this is the only side effect then so be it. I can live with it for awhile. I have cut back on washing my hair to every other day as it tends to dry my hair out more. I used to have real oily hair and now I don't, I have also been very scared to dye my hair since surgery and wondered how long any of you waited to dye yours after surgery? Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Sondra, 315/245/150 70lbs gone forever!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views