Going into our third month!

Courtney B.
on 6/4/06 3:26 am - Lancaster, CA
I am officially 3 months out. My hair loss has slowed with adding more protein. I will always lose hair as it is SO thick, but at least Im not getting gobs in each handful. I got my bloodwork done last Wed, hoping results are in tomorrow. I have lost 58 lbs TOTAL, 41 since surgery. Im happy with that, I will lose slower than most because Im what is considered a "lightweight" At least Im losing! My clothing sizes have gone WAY down, so I now have more clothes. I had a clothing exchange at support group, got a box from SIL and a bag from my mom. So even tho my clothes are smaller, I now have more. Not just wearing the same tents every week! I actually have PANTS (not stretch pants!), jeans and dressy clothes now. WOW! My next mini goal, even tho Ive never set them before, is to get under 200 by my next surgeversary month. That will be PERFECT for a bathing suit and go camping with the family on July 7-9. How are you all doing going into your third month? Oh and my period has stabalized. I now get it monthly for 3 days instead of every 6 months for 7-10 days. I HATE monthly, but since I can no longer take advil for the bad cramping, I can deal with 3 days of pain versus the other! lol K, time to WASH all those clothes. Courtney HW 271/ SW 254/ CW 213 / Surgeon GW 150/ Personal GW 135
thin2be
on 6/4/06 4:32 am - Houston, TX
My hair has started to fall out--I am most distressed. I am 11 weeks out, and I have only lost 40 pounds. My surgeon expected about 60 at 12 weeks, so I am pretty disappointed. I had a 3-4 week period of throwing up (eating too fast, I think) and I began to eat really slow--about 45 minutes or so at a time. Maybe I was eating too much? I also have not been as good with water or exercise, so I joined the gym and really focused on water. I am losing again, but I am a little discouraged. I am down from a tight 24 to a tight 18 and solid 20s. My heel spur never hurts, and I am off of all medications except vitamins! A friend even told me I walk differently--"easier" which is so true! I feel fabulous, with tons more energy. I love checking the posts and seeing everyone's progress. Keep up the good work, everyone! You are all looking marvelous! Blessings, Phyllis
timsdanni
on 6/4/06 5:54 am - Ft Stewart, GA
sounds like you are doin good - my hair has started to fall out in handfuls - I am really bummed b/c I have kept my protien up and vits in and worked out faithfully since day one. my thick hair have never seen my scalp before is thin now - I can see my scalp - mil promised to take me hat shopping (she is a cancer surviror and has lost all her hair several times) but hats are hot to me. I can say if it was long when this started it would be short by now - it was short to start with and is getting shorter next chance I get danni ENJOY THE JOURNEY
BelindaOBX
on 6/4/06 11:43 am - Mount Gilead, NC
Right on my 3 month anniversary I noticed that I can see my scalp as well. I have bummed out about it all weekend. I just hope it doesn't get any worse before it gets better. Belinda
Melissa P.
on 6/4/06 6:07 am - Aurora, IL
It sounds like you are doing good. You are doing much better than me with the clothes. I cannot stand to wear them too big, so I am shoping like crazy! I am only buying stuff at walmart, or on clearence, but I am still spending too much. I bought a shirt a few weeks ago, wore it once, and put it on today. It was too big, and I felt like I looked like I was expecting! I couldn't wear it. I hope your blood work comes back ok. I just had mine taken yesterday, and have a huge bruise to prove it! I need to find a better lab. It was a 2 hour wait, and she left a huge bruise! Keep up the good work!
Mary M.
on 6/4/06 8:03 am - Livonia, MI
I am pretty much right where you are with weight loss. I am following the program to the letter. I feel so good I can't believe it. Ihave been told that some lose slower than others. I am finally OK with it, LOL. I think you are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work! Mary
Beckii
on 6/4/06 10:06 pm - Saint Louis, MO
I'll be three months on June 23rd and am starting to notice hairs in the drain and brush. Grrrrr. Faithful with my protein and vitamins. Sigh. My HW was 274 and I'm currently at 220. So, it is coming off and I FEEL so much BETTER. We live in a grand old house with tons of steps and I don't creak and pant nearly as much! Just hoping I'm at 200 when I board tha plane for my son's wedding in Germany in late July! I've been "neutered" teehee - so no problems with cramping/period pains like some of you, so guess I'm lucky. On the down-side - I'm much older Good luck with month number 3! Becca
RebekaA
on 6/5/06 2:00 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Courtney, I'll be 3 months out next week. I have thankfully (crossing fingers) not been losing any hair. My protein is about 70 gms/day. It sounds crazy, but I think my shampoo/conditioner ($$$) has a lot to do with it. I totally quit shedding since I started using it. I don't think I'm out of the woods yet, but so far so good. What I am enjoying most is actually having the strength and energy to work out. And having less back problems now so I can actually push myself vs always holding back. It's been wonderful to ENJOY working out. I never thought I would. 284/261/219/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views