Sushi!!!

Darlene X
on 5/31/06 12:43 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Ok, so EJ and I were feeling a little adventurous on the way home and decided to stop for Sushi. Neither of us has really ever eaten sushi before, so I have no idea what prompted us LOL It was so much fun, we sat at the bar thing in front of the sushi chef's and got to watch them and ask questions. We got an appetizer which was pineapple wontons, very good, and mostly a treat-- but I was seriously impressed, they weren't greasy at all. I ate one, EJ ate 1 & 1/2. Then for dinner we ordered a sushi roll that didnt have any rice. It was just the seaweed, fresh tuna, crab, asian carrot & asparagus, and it came with a spicy sauce mixed with some mango sauce!!! It was so good! The texture took a little getting used to. I ate one thin slice, EJ ate 2 & 1/2..... boy we don't eat much. It was mostly a fun experience!!! I can't wait to go back... we'll skip the wontons next time *grin*, there was so much good stuff on the menu, and it's all very healthy! I had a good first sushi experience Darlene
headparrot
on 5/31/06 12:56 pm - Ponca City, OK
Darlene, I know what you mean about sushi. I was never much of a seafood eater except for shimp and lobster. Now my pouch seems to like seafood the best so I am trying to find different fish that I like. I've never been one for tuna out of a can, so the thought of raw tuna never appealed to me. Until I tried seared Ahi Tuna steak as a appetizer. Now I can't get enough of the stuff, even raw at a sushi bar. It's my "go to" meal if we are at a fancy restaurant. I'll pass on Filet Mignon if they have seared tuna steak.
Melissa P.
on 5/31/06 1:06 pm - Aurora, IL
I wish I could get into fi****ried Salmon again, but I did not bake it right, and it grossed me out.
timsdanni
on 5/31/06 9:35 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I LOVE sushi!! I prefer the kind with out raw fish - california rolls are my fav. ( crab, avacado and cucumber) I can get them at the commissary - lucky for me my familiy will help eat them b/c they come in a 12 pack and I can only eat about 2 at the time but oooooooh are they good. I am with you scott on the seafood thing - shrip coctail is my fav thing to order unless they have grilled shrimp. we are camping this weekend (starting today b/c hubby got a 4 day) and I am doing shrimp kabbos for dinner. that and rare steak are my main food sorses lately Danni 372/300/170 come ON 200s
Tina K
on 6/1/06 11:38 am - Central, NY
I tried sushi once and I wasn't too impressed. Like Scott and Danni, I'm a lobster, crab leg and shrimp kind of gal. Wish I could do other fish though because I know it's a good source of protein. But I have to have my fish fried and smothered in tartar sauce to get it down. Not so good nutritionally. LOL I'm so glad you guys liked it. I can imagine that your dinner bills must be very small!! Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views