Healthy Desserts..

Darlene X
on 5/31/06 4:52 am - Maricopa, AZ
I figured I'd look for some easy healthy sweet treats today... Whipped Ricotta Cream & Berries 2 c.Low Fat Ricotta 6 oz. Light cream cheese 4 tbl of Splenda 3 tbl. SF Maple Syrup 3/4 tsp. Vanilla 4 cups fruit - Raspberries, halved Strawberries, etc (Whatever you feel like) Blend all (Except Fruit) in processor to very smooth...taste and add more sweetener if needed. Cover & refrigerate about 2 hrs or day ahead. Stir cheese mixture, then toss fruit with 2 tsp. lemon or lime juice and 2 tbl. splenda, mix into the cheese mixture & let sit 30 min. Divide into 6 wineglasses & top with more berries. Enjoy...YUMMY..... ____________________________________________ Summertime Fresh Fruit Pie 1 lg. pkg. SF strawberry gelatin 2 C boiling water 1 lg. pkg. SF instant vanilla pudding 1 1/2 C skim milk 1 qt. fresh strawberries, sliced in half 2 bananas , sliced 4 fresh peaches or nectarines, sliced into wedges 1 pint fresh blueberries, washed and drained Place gelatin in medium bowl; add boiling water and stir to dissolve. In a large bowl, mix together pudding and skim milk (it will be thicker than usual). Add the dissolved gelatin and mix until smooth. Layer the fruit attractively, in two glass pie dishes, in this order: strawberries, bananas, peaches and then blueberries. Pour 1/2 the pudding mixture over each pie (the pudding mixture will seep between each piece of fruit). Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Makes two pies _______________________________________________________ Key Lime Pie PIE SHELL 1 cup pecans -- ground 1 tbsp splenda 3 tbsp butter -- - melted 1/2 tsp coconut extract FILLING 1 lb cream cheese -- softened 1 pkg jell-o sugar free -- lime 1/4 cup splenda 1/3 cup boiling water 1/3 cup cold water 1/2 cup heavy cream 1/2 tsp coconut extract Prepare pie shell: Melt butter in a small bowl. Add ground nuts, sweetener and half the coconut extract. Mix well. Press firmly into bottom and up sides of 8" - 200mm pie plate and refrigerate until firm. In a small bowl, whip the heavy cream with sweetener until peaks form. Set aside. While it is being whipped, bring water to boil. Mix the Jello with 1/3 cup boiling water until all the gelatin has dissolved. Then, add cold water and stir. For the next step you need a big bowl with HIGH sides. Put gelatin in bowl. Slowly add in the cream cheese (add each 8-oz package in 4 chunks) and continue to beat with a mixer at slow speed. After all cream cheese is added, put in the remaining coconut extract and beat at high speed until smooth. Then, carefully fold in the whipped cream. Use a spatula to scrape mixture into the pie pan and spread around. Sprinkle extra ground nuts on top. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow Jell-O to set thoroughly.
Tina K
on 5/31/06 4:56 am - Central, NY
Oh! The Whipped Ricotta Cream & Berries sounds amazing!! Funny there are two recipie posts here right now - I'm in the process of going through my Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery cookbook. I've got to get my eating better regulated. I'm not getting nearly enough protein and it's getting me concerned. So I'm looking for good recipes. Thanks for posting. Tina
jannineh99
on 5/31/06 6:27 am - Melrose, MA
Ok...I found this recipie online this weekend and decided to make if for my hubby's birthday cake...and it was a huge hit...the only complaint I got is it was not chocolate...lol....and no one knew I altered the recipie to make it SF and LF..... 1 angel food cake 1 cup of milk 1 8oz container of lite cream cheese 1 pk of SF Lemon Pudding mix (the stuff you mix from a box..) 1 container of Cool Whip Free Mix the milk, creamcheese, and the pudding mix together in a bowl mix it so that there are some chunky pieces of cream cheese. Then take the angel food cake and cut thru it making 3 equal rings Then spread the cream cheese mixture across the bottom piece and then place the middle piece on top and cover the top with the mixture and then place the top piece on and cover the top with the remaining cream cheese mixture...then cover the whole cake with cool whip free and put in the freezer for couple of hours to set and OMG....it is yummy... I know I did not dump from this but then again I had a very small piece but it still made me feel like I was participating with the rest of the family....and if you don't like Lemon pudding try your favorite flavor...I am sure they will all work...good luck and have fun.... Jannine
Beckers
on 5/31/06 8:03 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Ooh that Summertime Fresh Fruit Pie sounds DELICIOUS!! I made a SF Banana Cream pie the other night. I poured the SF Jello pudding into a Marie Calendar's pie shell, and topped it with a layer of Cool Whip. It was good, and hubby ate most of the pie heheh Also, they have Jello SF Cheesecake pudding now, I bought 2 packages of it, to make a SF cheesecake pie... Rebecca M. 269/215/150
Shana M.
on 6/1/06 6:58 am - KY
I buy smart ones frozen deserts. They have very little sugar in them and are already in portions. I worry that having a full desert in my house would totally kill my will power, or what I have left of it!! SLM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views