### 05/30 What Did Ya Eat Today?

BabyRuth2u
on 5/30/06 11:39 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Breakfast: 1 wedge of LC LF swiss cheese on two saltine crackers Mid morn: 30 gm protein shake Lunch/Dinner about 2:30/3:00- 1oz taco meat with some sour cream, black olives, salsa, cheese, 1 oz fish, tbs cauliflower, peas with ranch dressing about 1/8 c. , bite of a veal parmesean. Eve: 30 gm protein shake
Angela S.
on 5/30/06 12:10 pm - St. Ann, MO
Bad food and water day here too. B: 4 oz. Dannon lite and fit yogurt L: 3 bites of a pretzel with cheese D: 2 bites grilled chicken, watermelon and canteloupe
jennb40
on 5/30/06 9:32 pm - Nashua, NH
Breakfast: 1 slice 35 cal toast with 1 T peanut butter and 1/3 banana snack: 1/2 protein shake (frozen like a slushy!) Lunch: 4 terayki chicken wings, 4 bites watermelon Dinner: 4 oz. roast beef, 1/4 ear of corn 80 g protein, 5 bottles of 16.9 oz. water, and all my vitamins Thanks for doing this Darlene....I am on the east coast and don't usually see this post till the next morning!
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/06 3:28 am - AZ
Darlene, Can you tell me how you make your prok green chille? I have such cravings for this, but a need a version that is healthier than Filibertos! I love anything that is done in the crock pot because it's so tender. Thanks! Elizabeth
Darlene X
on 5/31/06 3:43 am - Maricopa, AZ
Elizabeth, We didnt follow a recipe or anything, it was our first time making it. OMG I couldnt believe how delicious it is. There is a YUMMY Mexican place near my work that is popular over the whole valley called carolina's-- ever heard of it? They make the most amazing food-- anyway I liked the beef & pork green chille that EJ and I made was so MUCH better than theirs!!!!!! I made a lot cause I was feeding quite a few people.... but I bought a Pork roast from Walmart, it was about 4lbs I think-- was about $8. I believe they called it pork sirloin roast. I took the pork out of the wrapper and rinsed it under the tap to get the icky juice stuff it's packed in off. I placed the whole roast in the crock pot (We did this about 11pm at night). To the crock pot I added about 1/2 large white onion diced, about a teaspoon of diced garlic, 1/2 a jar of Salsa verde, about 1-2 Cups of water, then salt and pepper to taste. I cooked it on low overnight, about 10 hours. In the morning we took the pork roast out and shredded the meat--- It was sooo easy because the meat was so tender, the thing just fell apart. Once everything was shredded we put it back into all the juices in the crockpot, added a couple of cans of diced green chilles--- add as much as you want, some people like lots of green chilles, some like less. Once they were added I put some more water in-- i like mine really moist and juicy... just add to your liking. I tested the pork to see if it needed anymore salt.... then cooked on low a litle longer, and thickened with a little cornstarch. We did the exact same with beef.... everyone was raving about how good it was. Sorry I can't give exact measurements, because it was an experiment for us. Darlene
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/06 5:21 am - AZ
Thanks Darlene. At least now I know how to start the experimenting at my end. I think I will have to try it this weekend. I can't wait! E--
jomamma
on 6/2/06 3:58 pm - Palmdale, CA
A while back you posted a recipe for Taco Soup using Hidden Valley Ranch powder. I went back several weeks in the postings and cant find it.....Could you repost for me or tell me what date it was posted? Thanks!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views