Awesome Wknd!

ToniBinct
on 5/29/06 10:53 pm - CT
It was one year ago today that I started my weight loss journey. My husband had his company picnic at a local amusement park. My weight was at it's highest and my self esteem was at it's lowest. My 10 year old son wanted to go on the rides and I squeezed my self into most of them. Then along came the swings. I wedged my butt in them but was so stuck that I couldn't even lean forward to hook the belt One of my husband's co-workers was next to me and she reached down and hooked it. I was so embaressed. For the rest of the day I kind of sulked and when my husband would see co-workers I would kind of wander off so he wouldn't be able to introduce me. Well....... One year later and 56 pounds lighter, we attacked that park and I rode EVERY single ride! I felt like a kid. I wasn't afraid if the belt would fit or worried that the bar wouldn't go down, and this time the swings did not give me bruises on my hips!! I wish I had this surgery years ago. I really believe I lost years of my life because of being so heavy. Thanks for being there OH. I don't think I could have made this trip without all of you out there! Toni
jennb40
on 5/30/06 12:55 am - Nashua, NH
Congratulations Toni on your "WOW" weekend...aren't you proud of yourself and think this journey will only get better!!!! Keep up the good work! I am ready to ride a roller coaster again - for the first time in a LONG time! Barbara
BabyRuth2u
on 5/30/06 1:08 am - Pittsburgh, PA
That is an awesome weekend! Congratulations! So glad you had fun! They say riding at amusement parks is one of the biggest WOW's for people who have had wls. For so many years we werent able to enjoy everything we'd like to because of size restraints. I know I look forward to our local amusement park day which comes the second Wednesday of July. I have another month and a half to lose a few lbs. I hope I can fit in all the roller coasters. Think I should be able to. I haven't ridden them or gone to the this community picnic in years because it just wasnt as much fun not being able to ride, and also because all those you went to school with are there and there I was getting fatter each and every year. Just didnt want to be seen that way any more, so kind of avoided it for a lot of years recently. Sounds like you had a blast, such a great wow moment. I'm so happy for you!
Heather_O
on 5/30/06 7:16 am - WI
Congradulations on your fun weekend, for years I didnt go on any rides because I was afraid I wouldnt fit then 2 years ago when I was at Busch Gardens I figured I would give it a try and I was horrified that my husband and one of the ride assistance had to force the seatbelt to fasten. I just wanted to disapear but I cant wait till they have the county fairs this summer because I'm going to go to as many as I can and ride on as many rides as I can. Heather
Tina K
on 5/30/06 7:52 am - Central, NY
Toni, That is simply awesome! I'm still amazed every day how amazing and what a huge difference the loss of over 50 pounds can do. Can't wait to see what life is like once we're down 100 pounds! Hugs, Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views