Losing so slooooow!!

Nancy V.
on 5/30/06 4:33 am - Wilmington, CA
Well just needed to vent, I feel like at this rate i'm never going to get to goal. I'm down 37 lbs, yeah i know, i would have never lost this much in 2 months on my own. But its just that I lost the first 25 in the 1st week and it seems that the other 12 have just been dragging!! ugh!! I even kickbox 3 times a week?? Is anybody else losing so slow??? ~Nancy 267/230/145
Darlene X
on 5/30/06 5:06 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi You said it yourself "yeah i know, i would have never lost this much in 2 months on my own".... some people are just slower than others. Thats why you should NEVER compare yourself with anyone else. Look at it this way. In 2 months you have lost 30% of your excess weight, your pretty much 1/3 of the way there, thats AMAZING!!! Focus on all the good things you see as a result of your weight loss... and believe me, Ive seen some people who are much slower than you. Your doing great!!! Darlene
Nancy V.
on 5/30/06 5:08 am - Wilmington, CA
Thanks Darlene!!! I never looked at it as 30%....thanks, I feel much BETTER!!!! ~Nancy
miminjoey
on 5/30/06 5:09 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Thank GOD I am not alone!!! I haven't lost weight in weeks..I had a stall for 5 weeks then lost 5 lbs and have stalled again for over 2 weeks. Like you I lost the majority of my weight the 1st 2 weeks and then it came nearly to a complete standstill. I work out, I am getting my protein and most of my fluids...I wouldn't be worried if I was loosing inches but I am not even doing that. My next appointment isn't until the 9th. (1 week shy of 3 months out) I just hope my doctor is happy with the loss. mimi
Nancy V.
on 5/30/06 5:31 am - Wilmington, CA
Feels good to know we can relate! I go to my 2 month ck up on Thu. so we'll see what my Doc says! Hope he's not too disappointed! ~Nancy 267/230/145
Nurse Spencer03
on 5/30/06 6:43 am - spring, TX
Slow is not the word!! molasses. I finally got under the 30 pound weight lost but thats it. I cant believe is this sloww. I am soo glad I am not the only one. 262/230/160
Nancy V.
on 5/30/06 6:50 am - Wilmington, CA
you and I are neck & neck.....what a relief, we are so much alike...from our surgery weight to our current weight and we only had surgery 2 days apart!!! ~Nancy 267/230/145
kdski90
on 5/30/06 6:46 am - Green Cove Springs, FL
Hi Girls, I know how it feels. I've lost a little more than you, down 49 pounds but it's still a struggle. I don't get to post to often, but spent some time today reading and saw your post and just had to let you know that there are those of us out here that know how you feel. It is a daily fight to get in all the protein and water and I don't ever win, but I still go on. Sometimes I wonder if I could somehow increase my protein if that would make a difference, I just can't seem to get enough in. Water either. But the weight is slowly coming off. I don't weigh everyday. I can't. To me there's no point. And I want to see some result when I do. Sometimes even when I wait a week or so, I don't see any results I still just go on. And I come back here and read some more posts - hear the continuous support of each other and hardships and know I'm not the only one that is going through it. We're all here for each other and understand. Keep up the fight and it WILL be worth it in the end! Kristin
Tina K
on 5/30/06 7:57 am - Central, NY
Hugs Nancy, I'm sorry your scale is moving so slowly. I wonder if you've had a body fat analasis done? Maybe with your working out you are putting on muscle so it seems the weight loss is slow. Hang in there, you can't fail! Tina
Nancy V.
on 5/30/06 8:09 am - Wilmington, CA
Thanks Tina! I've always been a muscular girl since I can remember! Well I am dropping in inches, that I know so maybe you're right! ~Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views