Fitting in a plane...

Darlene X
on 5/30/06 4:59 am - Maricopa, AZ
On June 10th Im flying to CA to visit a friend of mine from New Zealand (Yeah she too got suckered into marrying an American LOL). I am SOOOOOOOO nervous about whether I will fit in the seat, and so worried they will look at me and say I need to pay for 2 seats. Ive lost 76lbs, but still having serious anxiety over this.... Anyone flown recently? Im 5'10 & currently 262lbs, think Im gonna be ok? Are you guys gonna miss me? I probably won't have internet access for about a week!!! hehehe Darlene 338/262/170
Nancy V.
on 5/30/06 5:05 am - Wilmington, CA
You'll be just fine!!! I went to Hawaii a week before surgery and I was at 267 and I'm 5'4. I fit into it just fine!! No worries!!! Good luck! ~Nancy 267/230/145
Sondra J. S.
on 5/30/06 6:05 am - Show Low, AZ
Darlene, I am 5"6" 1/2 and was 315 when I took my first plane ride to Missouri and I fit into the seat fine, but the belt was a little tight, I took AmericaWest They also have seatbelt extenders, but you and we won't ever need them again!!!! You'll be just fine!! Sondra, 315/250/150 65lbs. gone forever!!!!
Darlene X
on 5/30/06 6:32 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im gonna be flying America West-- ACtually they got bought out by US Airways, so guess I will be flying them... but yeah, aka America West LOL
Laura A.
on 5/30/06 5:59 am - Manteca, CA
Darlene.....where in California will you be visiting? Will you have any time to visit any OH Cali peeps? Laura A.
Darlene X
on 5/30/06 6:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
I can't remember the name of the place she lives, but its like 6 miles from Santa Cruz.... she said she lives like 75 miles south of San Fran.. some small place... so I'll be around that area!
Melissa P.
on 5/30/06 7:56 am - Aurora, IL
I think you should be ok. We will miss you very much! What are we going to do without your recipes?
Tina K
on 5/30/06 8:00 am - Central, NY
You'll do great Darlene - I think the last plane ride I was on I about the same size and everything was fine. Enjoy the trip though we'll miss the heck out of ya! Tina
Darlene X
on 5/30/06 8:34 am - Maricopa, AZ
YAY Im glad someone will!!! LOL Im going alone, and Hubby is making all sorts of jokes that he won't miss me...hehehe.
Beckii
on 5/30/06 10:33 am - Saint Louis, MO
Have a wonderful trip. You're about the same size as I was when I flew last and there was no mention of two seats or anything. Ask for the seat belt extender if you want to be extra comfy, and have a safe trip! Rebecca
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views