Yummy Nachos

Beckers
on 5/27/06 11:03 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Today I made nachos for my hubby and myself. I used those NEW Tostitos Multigrain chips. (GOOD STUFF!) Here's what I did: First, cook refried beans on the stovetop (add a little milk and some salsa to "liquify" the beans a bit, for looser consistency), Lay the chips flat on a cookie sheet, and scoop the (cooked) refried beans on top of the chips, Then layer Kraft Mexican-style pre-shredded cheese on top. Bake in oven at 400F for about 5-10 min. ****il cheese is melted and chips are browned) Serve on a plate, and add toppings like salsa, sour cream, or whatever on top I put a pico de gallo-type salsa on top of ours. It was yummy! I wanted to keep eating more but couldn't!! I used to NEVER cook before my surgery, but now I'm starting to like cooking, since I want things a certain way, and can't order it from a restaurant any more.
Darlene X
on 5/28/06 4:21 am - Maricopa, AZ
YUMMY!!!!!!!!! Hubby loves corn chips, I have to watch him LOL. I just got all the fixings to make our own fresh salsa. Trader Joes sells Soy Flaxseed Corn chips which are GREAT!!!
Tina K
on 5/28/06 5:10 am - Central, NY
Those sound yummy Rebecca! Friday my hubby and I went to our favorite mexican resturant and I got a shredded chicken enchilada, which I tore apart and ate the insides with their home made chips. It was sooooo yummy! Plus, for under $2.00 I two meals! The unexpected bonus of WLS - being a VERY cheap date! I'll have to give these a try at home - bet they'd be wonderful with some shredded chicken. Tina
Beckers
on 5/28/06 6:25 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I have gotten sick off of a BITE of a corn tortilla, and I was RUINED for the whole day after that!! All I could do was drink liquids that day, because everything made me nauseous. So, corn tortillas, or corn tortilla chips, are totally not a choice for me. I don't want to go through another day like that again! Rebecca M. 269/216/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views