do you ever get upset over not eating?

timsdanni
on 5/27/06 1:47 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I fixed myself a very small bowl of taco fillings for dinner and was able to eat about half of it and was totally full. I know this is the point of surgery but I cryed looking at the rest of my tiny meal that I could not eat in one sitting. am I just hormanal today or does this bug other people? Danni
kimbaby74
on 5/27/06 2:01 pm - Western, KY
I don't usually get upset because I can't eat all of what I'm suposed to eat. That happens to me on a daily basis. I do get excited when I can eat everything that I'm suposed to. Makes me feel like I'm on track. Hope this helps! Kim
timsdanni
on 5/27/06 2:04 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I swear my stomach is smaller now than it was a couple of weeks out of surgery. I fix tiny portions and ually can eat them. I think I am just overly hormonal today - I held a freinds new baby adn I am baby hungry and on depo LOL what a combo - good things my guys love me thanks danni
RebekaA
on 5/27/06 10:44 pm - Inland Empire, CA
I haven't yet. Before I could just eat and eat and eat--and still never feel full. I always had to stop eating well before I was full, and I never felt satisfied. It was frustrating and embarrassing. I always had to look at what other people were eating to gage what a normal portion was and how much I should eat and when I should stop eating. Now I finally do get full and satisfied and I feel like a huge weight and burden has been lifted. I finally feel "normal." I'm sure your feeling this way is temporary--and normal. ((((Hugs))))))
Barbara M.
on 5/28/06 2:43 am - St. Louis, MO
I wish I knew what full felt like, but I don't. I just have to eat what I think I am supposed to and stop. I have been able to eat the full 1/2 c. from the beginning. I have been able to drink 6-8 oz of protein shake from the get-go. I never feel uncomfortable, no food has ever bothered me (I have of course stayed away from sugars and snack foods - my problem foods pre-surgery). I have talked to my nurse educator about this, and she says "Just listen to your body." Well, the problem is, my body doesn't tell me anything. I have to act on sheer knowledge and will power just like I did pre-surgery. It kind of sucks. I have done well, but I would really LOVE to feel full just once. At least I never dump. That is a blessing.
timsdanni
on 5/28/06 6:05 am - Ft Stewart, GA
wow that is a mixed blessing - I worried about that for a while till I pushed and a few times or at least desperatly wanted to. are you doing good with your wieght loss anyhow? I do feel like a lot of what I am doing is similar to presurgery but I have NEVER Droped 66 pounds in under 3 months before - I did lose 50 one time in 3 months however so this is still a bit unreal to me - when I get under 300 (for the first time in years ) it maybe more real - if I get under 200 it will be way real b/c I have been over 200 for the majority of my life danni
Tina K
on 5/28/06 5:18 am - Central, NY
I do feel that way Danni, I do. Not all the time but sometimes it's so discouraging to have this amazingly small portion of food in front of you and not be able to fini**** At support group last Thursday I mentioned it to one of the leaders after the meeting and she reassured me - saying, "Honey, remember you are only 2 months out. Your pouch is still healing. Just hang in there and you'll be able to eat a little more soon enough." So I keep telling myself that I'll get there. I'll be able to eat all of my small meals. God, that's such a mental thing isn't it? We hate being fat but freak out sometimes when we can't clean our plates. LOL Hugs, Tina
timsdanni
on 5/28/06 6:00 am - Ft Stewart, GA
thanks Tina - I don't get up set over it often - sometimes I am like "look how little I ate nanner" but yesterday it bugged me. I am glad I am not to weird
Beckers
on 5/28/06 6:30 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I get frustrated that I can't eat as much as I'd like to, or the things I want to. Its especially frustrating when I go out to eat with my hubby, and he is eating hash browns, or french toast, etc... I LOVE HASH BROWNS!! Potatoes are my trigger food, and I CAN eat them, but I'm staying away from them because 1) they are evil for me, pure evil, and 2) because my pouch can only hold so much, and its a waste to fill up my pouch on potatoes when I'm not getting my protein in... Rebecca
socalkarin
on 5/28/06 8:12 am - Monrovia, CA
I feel ya, sister! Sometimes my mouth wants certain things, and I know I can't have it, or very much of it, and it bothers me. Eating out was my #1 favorite thing to do in LIFE and now it's more of a burden than a pleasure, especially if it's a place where I don't know the menu. The old command to 'clean your plate' still bounces around my brain, and I have a hard time leaving food on my plate. I have a 4 yr old daughter, and I find I'm sharing her food and a few bites of whatever hubby is having. It's definitely an emotional adjustment....BUT SO WORTH IT!!!! I just figure it's going to take some time to learn how to prepare or order 'pouch worthy' food like it's second nature. Hugs, karin 310/265/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views