I have one question to add to the hair poll

Courtney B.
on 5/25/06 7:41 am - Lancaster, CA
Those of you noticing more loss, is your hair longer or shorter than your shoulders? Ive heard that can be a reason for more hair loss, if the hair is longer to begin with. HOWEVER, Im also losing "other" places, just not as much as my head. Some people start losing at surgery, some after, some 3 months out, and some never do. I think I need to up my protein to 100g a day to stop losing. My surgeon only requires 50-70g a day. Im JUST barely getting the 70 a day. So MORE protein it is! Courtney
Darlene X
on 5/25/06 8:24 am - Maricopa, AZ
"I think I need to up my protein to 100g a day to stop losing" If your going to lose hair, your just going to, you can't stop ot from happening... no matter how much protein or biotin you take, it will come out. Ive talked with many people, long term post op's, my nutritionist and a few surgeons regarding this... you could have 1000g a day of protein and still lose you hair. Biotin will just help it grow back thicker when it comes back in, won't stop it. Some people get very lucky, whether it's genetics or what, they don't lose much hair... other's, just have to face it... Its going to happen... It worries me, because I have thin hair to begin with.... but if I want to be a healthy weight, it's just something Im going to have to deal with when it starts. Darlene
timsdanni
on 5/25/06 8:55 am - Ft Stewart, GA
mine is thick and short - I figure if it falls out I am going to buy or make cute floppy hats and wear them
Darlene X
on 5/25/06 9:05 am - Maricopa, AZ
I wish!!!! I can't wear hats at work, so Im just going to have to flaunt my bald spots LOL Darlene
CherieG
on 5/25/06 8:49 am - Collingdale, PA
Courtney, I am not losing any hair yet, but just to let you know, I have very long hair. It comes down to my butt. I honestly don't think that it's a simple answer as far as the hair loss goes. I think there are a lot of factors that help to determine whether you will lose hair or not. Cherie
cathelewis
on 5/25/06 11:02 am
My hair was past my shoulders, but I got it cut to about shoulder length because I'm growing out a perm. I'm afraid to perm right now because I always have some hair breakage afterwards, and I figure that will not work well if I am also losing hair. I had my hair cut just before I started noticing I was shedding more than usual. I think short hair may show the loss a bit less. Cathe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views