Poll for all Marchers

Courtney B.
on 5/25/06 3:17 am - Lancaster, CA
1) Are you losing hair? 2) How much? 3) What do you take/use to keep the hair loss to a minimum? 4) If you arent losing, why do you think that is? 5) Have you noticed from taking any supplements hair growing in "odd" places? My answers 1) Ive always lost hair daily, but its much worse now 2) I probably lose about 3-500 strands a day. Every time I touch my hair, I have loose strands on my hand. BUT Ive also got PLENTY to spare, SO... 3) I take 10000mcg Biotin daily. Ive just begun to use a protein enhanced shampoo and conditioner. Has slowed slightly. Im also upping my protein daily. 4) N/A 5) YES! My ummmm, pubic hair is now growing down the inside of my thighs! Also noticing Im getting a dark area of hair around my belly button. And just now in the shower, I noticed that my armpit hair is growing down farther than it has ever been! ACK. WHAT the heck! Courtney
timsdanni
on 5/25/06 3:31 am - Ft Stewart, GA
1) Are you losing hair? - no 2) How much?n/a 3) What do you take/use to keep the hair loss to a minimum? lots of protien in my diet - I hit 100 grams a day bout a month out and have missed that only a few days - I truely thing that is helping 4) If you arent losing, why do you think that is? opps see above 5) Have you noticed from taking any supplements hair growing in "odd" places - nope I did notice that right after surgery when I was not getting any protien I was growing less leg, chin and pit hair however Danni
Tina K
on 5/25/06 4:16 am - Central, NY
*sigh* I could stand to have a little less chin and pit hair! My hair follicles went haywire when I hit 30. Tina
timsdanni
on 5/25/06 4:55 am - Ft Stewart, GA
oh after I start getting protien then it all started growing agian LOL
Tina K
on 5/25/06 4:15 am - Central, NY
1) Are you losing hair? I've always lost hair daily but it's increased in the last few weeks. 2) How much? Well, every day after my shower I have to remove hair from the drain - usually once. Now I have to remove it two or three times so I figure I'm loosing twice to three times the normal amount of hair. 3) What do you take/use to keep the hair loss to a minimum? Nuttin honey! I can't stand to take pills so I consider myself successful when I get my two vitamins in!! 4) If you arent losing, why do you think that is? n/a 5) Have you noticed from taking any supplements hair growing in "odd" places? Nope.
BabyRuth2u
on 5/25/06 5:36 am - Pittsburgh, PA
1) Are you losing hair? No, not yet that I've noticed. DH is losing way too much though!! LOL 2) How much? n/a 3) What do you take/use to keep the hair loss to a minimum? I started taking Biotin right after surgery, and have been planning on taking Zinc just haven't bought any yet, but had planned to this weekend. I think making sure you have enough protein also helps! 4) If you arent losing, why do you think that is? Too early yet? I heard it starts at like 4 months. But again, I've heard people who had none to little and they attribute that to getting enough protein. I had heard originally that it was from the anesthesia, but when I mentioned that recently to someone they almost laughed. Oh, yes it was a nurse that had the surgery in last month's support meeting. She said it has nothing to do with anesthesia, its from being malnourished. So get that protein in!! 5) Have you noticed from taking any supplements hair growing in "odd" places? Unless they are in odd places that I can possibly physically see. So guess not. These are good questions. I know loss of hair is one of my biggest fears. I love my hair and would hate to be sad over it going real thin and being ugly as all get out. So I'm hoping for the best and drinking my extra protein! When I was at the hairdressers the other day I checked out the price on the Nioxin products. OMG!!! They are expensive. I couldn't see a price on the box set of stuff, but the individual things were each like $60 plus each. Insane!!
Rilabie_Chime
on 5/25/06 5:42 am - Littlerock, CA
1) Are you losing hair? not yet, but I'm just now at 9 weeks post op, so I'm not expecting to for another month or so yet 2) How much? n/a 3) What do you take/use to keep the hair loss to a minimum? lots of protien, have heard mixed reviews about the effectiveness of the biotin, so didn't go there. 4) If you arent losing, why do you think that is? I think I still have another month before I will start losing, it sounds almost inevitable 5) Have you noticed from taking any supplements hair growing in "odd" places? not at all, but I've never been very hairy, both post op and pre-op I only have to shave about once every week and a half if that.
Darlene X
on 5/25/06 5:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
1) Are you losing hair? -- No 2) How much? --- None 3) What do you take/use to keep the hair loss to a minimum? --- 1g Biotin, and Bitotin Shampoo 4) If you arent losing, why do you think that is? -- Cause Im not 3 months out yet-- most hairloss starts at 3 months. 5) Have you noticed from taking any supplements hair growing in "odd" places? --- I have PCOS, so I always have hair in odd places.
Melissa P.
on 5/25/06 6:50 am - Aurora, IL
) Are you losing hair? I am losing more hair, but not much. I have plenty to spare anyways. 2) How much? Not too much 3) What do you take/use to keep the hair loss to a minimum? drink my protein shakes 4) If you arent losing, why do you think that is? 5) Have you noticed from taking any supplements hair growing in "odd" places? No
CherieG
on 5/25/06 8:46 am - Collingdale, PA
1) Are you losing hair? no 2) How much? n/a 3) What do you take/use to keep the hair loss to a minimum? nothing 4) If you arent losing, why do you think that is? I think it may just be too soon. 5) Have you noticed from taking any supplements hair growing in "odd" places? no
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views