Help with eating!

Tina K
on 5/25/06 5:03 am - Central, NY
Ahhhh, I'm going crazy trying to eat. First off I have no appetite to speak of and not much of anything looks good to me. I'm missing my veggies so badly but I feel almost guilty if I eat veggies and not protein. Danni, how do you get all that protein in??? Outside of the triple shake?? I can get two in a day if I try but that's only 50 or so grams. What else do you eat??? How much do you eat??? Have to admit to get a bit on the discouraged side. I don't miss eating but I just feel like it can't be healthy to eat as little as I do. Does that make sense? It's so hard to eat when you are not hungry! Tina 315/257/140
BabyRuth2u
on 5/25/06 5:44 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hey Tina, I don't know if you remember but that's what I was going through a few weeks ago. I know how frustrating it is for sure! In addition to the eating very little and thinking it wasn't enough to keep a bird alive, I was afraid to try anything so had a very limited food list. I took advice and did try more things and can eat them, but I do not find I am keeping them in my diet on a regular basis. Its just I'm not as afraid to try stuff. Unless of course its sugar, sugar alcohols or fat. The other issue which it sounds like you are speaking of: the small amount you're eating, that you're not really hungry and nothing appeals.... I solved that by deciding that it was ok what I was eating, at least I was eating. I do my two protein shakes a day for 60 grams. That I felt good, had energy and was taking all my vitamins. So if I felt good then all must be ok, and with that I got over it. Hope that helps some! How do you feel physically? Energy wise?
Tina K
on 5/25/06 5:49 am - Central, NY
Thanks Ruth Ann, Physically I feel fine - except for some morning tiredness. Part of that is my Lexapro, makes me tired in the morning but I'm not sure what else it might be. Otherwise I feel fine - lots of energy. I'm just going to have to force myself to eat, do it slowly and try to get a little more in. Tina
Melissa P.
on 5/25/06 6:38 am - Aurora, IL
I pretty much drink all of my protein. 2 shakes are 60g of protein, and that is what my doctor wants me to get. I do try to eat protein when I can, but I do not really like meat. I try to eat it, but don't love it. I eat a lot of veggies. I think I must have needed them there for a while, because I was craving them...how odd is that?
timsdanni
on 5/25/06 8:51 am - Ft Stewart, GA
protien shakes are my friend b/c I don't eat much today I got up and made 2 double ones - so 4 scoops of protien (20 grams each) in 16 oz cold water. I ate half a south beach diet breakfast buritto 1/2 an ear of corn (when I gave it to the begging dog it was about 2/3 eaten if that makes sence) at lunch I had 1 oz of hamberger and 2 T twice baked potatoes. I ate that very very slowly - I ate part of one of the batch of burgers off the george forman and then took 3-4 small bites and sat down for the next 7 mins ( I cook an 8 pack of burgers at the time b/c I feed hubby, teenage son, and a todler that out eats the other two) I will eat the other half a pack of south beach diet crackers with a cheese stick this afternoon and a few bites of whatever I feed the guys for dinner. yesterday I did triple shake 3 cheese sticks fast food that came right back half a bag of crackers (sbd ones - 100 cals per bag) 1/2 an ear of corn - tossed not all the way eaten as normal 1/3 cup yogurt 1/2 fried banana I make sure I get my protien shakes in and I have fruit/veggies as I crave them to get fiber - same with whole wheat low carb tortilla hope this gives you some ideas I eat cheese or 1 oz portions of left over roast, steak or pork chops for snack. if i want something crispy I do 1/2 oz of almonds. danni
timsdanni
on 5/25/06 8:53 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I forgot to add beef jerky as a snack - 80 calories and 13 grams of protien for one ounce. buy a big bag - check the food label soem are better than others - then I wieght it out on my kitchen scale and put one oz portions into snack bags - I toss 3 or 4 of those in my purse at the time so if I am hungy I can grab them and munch. I was out of them yesterday and that was not good
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views