question for Danni

~ Stylz ~
on 5/24/06 1:38 am - North of Boston, MA
Danni, I thought I saw something about you making a mushroom soup. I've been looking for a creamy type mushroom soup and was curious if you could post it! thanks
timsdanni
on 5/24/06 8:28 am - Ft Stewart, GA
this works for cream of mushroom, clam chowder, cream of chicken or anything else for cream of mushroom cut mushrooms up and add onion and possibly cooked meat (pork or chicken) cook over low heat till mushrooms release juice. mix 1 cup cold milk (protien added if possible) and 2T corn starch together - stir out all the lumps than stir into the mushroom mix - add enough more milk to most fill your pot then stir in slowly one block of low fat cream cheese. if it is not thick enough for you mix another T of corn starch into 1/4 cup cold milk till totally smooth and than add to the pot. season only with salt and pepper. cream of chicken - cook chicken in good size pot, add carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic - barely cover with water and simmer till very tender add chicken base (bullion if that is all you have) and follow directions for other cream soups. you leave the water which will simmer down to very little in the pot. - for this one you can use season all or more chicken base clam chowder cook potatoes, carrots, celery, onions the same as above - add clams with juice to mix - following directions for above - try old bay if it needs more flavor or a bay leaf in a tea ball - do not eat the bay leaves if this does not make sence ask agian - I cook by taste and texture with out reciptes so I have to work to give good directions LOL Danni
~ Stylz ~
on 5/24/06 10:08 am - North of Boston, MA
thanks Danni!!! I love cream soups, cant wait to try doing this
timsdanni
on 5/24/06 10:16 am - Ft Stewart, GA
you can add differnt cheeses to these too- the cream cheese just melts away and makes it rich but cream of brocolli with moneray jack is great or motzerella. cream of pot. and chicken can have any kind of low fat cheese you like if you want any of them a tad richer add a spoon of ff sour cream at serving. also fresh chopped tomates and a touch of shreadded cheese on top makes them look pretty at serving. you could do peppers too and onions with the tomatoe and cilantro for a mexican type touch. just play around with the basic recipte till you hit on what you love your welcome bythe wayenjoy danni
~ Stylz ~
on 5/24/06 11:23 am - North of Boston, MA
hope you don't mind, somone just asked about cream soups on the main board, I pasted this message there, with credit to you of course! thanks again for the post, I'll try something this weekend ps- what kind of cream cheese did you use? 1/3 less fat or fat free?
timsdanni
on 5/24/06 12:05 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I don't care for fat free cream cheese - this time I used organic that I had in the freezer from when the commisary had them on sale - 70 cents apeice with a coupon for 50 cents off 2 I love those sales - that is why I have a deep freeze hehehe I have done it with low fat - but fat free would probably work - just don't try it on a company night some fat free stuff does not melt well. I use the fat free sharp cheeder slices in it before and they were good that way - I didn't care from them plain or on sandwiches/meat rolls. I don't mind you posting the recipte. the origianal called for 1 cup real butter and 1 cup sifted flour blend well and then adding 1 pint heavy cream or half and half. I have served mine to the girl I got the origianal recipte from and she did not notice a differnce danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views