the fried bannanas rock

timsdanni
on 5/23/06 11:42 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
thanks for the idea - yummmmm city for breakfast and I can eat them soon after working out and sucking in water b/c they are so soft. off to the levie breifing with hubby hugs danni 372/306/170
Darlene X
on 5/24/06 12:45 am - Maricopa, AZ
They are good huh???? Bananas are good for after a workout too...... We should be eating some protein with them though, Im thinking a little PB on the side would be yummy Darlene
Nancy V.
on 5/24/06 3:35 am - Wilmington, CA
How do you prepare fried bananas?? ~Nancy
Darlene X
on 5/24/06 4:04 am - Maricopa, AZ
Read the thread yesterday titles "Yummy Sweet Treat"
timsdanni
on 5/24/06 5:43 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I had some more protien shake afterwards they were so good and I was able to eat them soon after workign out b/c they sort of slid around the water
ddove74
on 5/24/06 4:56 am - Burbank, CA
The fried bananas (sweet) in caribbean cultures are called Plaintain and in spani**** is plantanos fritos (if I'm not mistaking). Yes, it is a very yummy delicious way to eat a banana. They also fry up the green bananas (plaintains) which aren't sweet at all. I've been enjoying these for years.
Lauren003
on 5/24/06 1:46 pm - , NC
I've tried real plantains a few times when I was a kid, my dad and grandmother from Honduras would make them. Do you have family from the Caribbean? I would love to know what is used to flavor their rice and peas so well.
ddove74
on 5/25/06 2:08 am - Burbank, CA
Hi Lauren B.: I do not have family from the caribbean, but I have a lot friends from there. If they aren't using curry in their peas and rice, another season that is commonly used is saffron. It's a bit pricey, but a wonderful flavor. Honduras! I hear it is beautiful. I have a co-worker who is leaving for Honduras tomorrow to go diving. It will be her first visit there. She's getting me into the idea of diving. Now more so than ever especially since I will actually be able to fit in a wet suit (hahahaha). I plan on taking lessons. Sorry got off on a totally different subject. Well, I hope you have a great holiday weekend. ~Danielle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views