Almond flour

Lauren003
on 5/24/06 4:15 am - , NC
Has anyone tried baking with this yet? It's just almonds ground finely. My kids and I used to bake all the time and I bought this thinking that we could use it to make SF cookies or something as a treat. Do I need to use both the almond flour and regular flour together or is straight almond okay?
cathelewis
on 5/24/06 4:54 am
I haven't tried it yet. Check out the recipes on www.bariatriceating.com. There are some WLS-friendly cookie recipes there. Let us know how your cookies come out! Cathe
Lauren003
on 5/24/06 1:36 pm - , NC
These recipes look SO good! There wasn't much for almond flour but I did a search on recipegoldmine.com and found one for an almond poundcake that I may try for my daughter's birthday (maybe stuffed with strawberries and whipped cream) and also a couple of cookie recipes. I'll let you know how the stuff works!
timsdanni
on 5/24/06 5:54 am - Ft Stewart, GA
nemon markus cookies have almond flour in them - have not idea on if you need reg flour or not. I do know an easy sf flour free cookie is 1 cup nut butter 1 cup sugar or splenda 1 egg mix well and make into balls press lightly with a fork (diped in sugar normally) then baek at 350 for 7-9 min. if using splenda do not let them sit to long before you remove them danni
Lauren003
on 5/24/06 1:34 pm - , NC
I've tried these a few times and they just didn't do it for me. Maybe it was the Splenda in them.. you know it has kind of a funny taste. Maybe I'll try making them with stevia instead and see if they're a little sweeter.
timsdanni
on 5/25/06 3:19 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I used to do them all the time for the kids with sugar in them - I should make some - pnut butter and I are not getting along great right now, made a pnut orental dish last night that i normally love and tasted it and was DONE LOL let me know how the stevia turns out - I have some but have not really tried cookign with it yet
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views