Not posted here before...

Barbara M.
on 5/23/06 1:04 pm - St. Louis, MO
I usually post on the main board and came here for the first time today. What I am wanting to know is this: At three months out now, how many carbs and calories are you guys taking in a day? It would be really good to hear from folks who had surgery about the same time I did. Thanks!
timsdanni
on 5/23/06 9:26 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
we have discussed this often over the last few months - I personally consume more calories and more protien than most - 110-125/30 grams of protien and 900-1000 calories most days. I am down 66 pounds now 2 1/2 months out. go back and read some of the other posts and you will see where we all were at differnt times good to hear from another march loser danni 372/306/170
Lauren003
on 5/23/06 10:17 pm - , NC
Good morning Barbara! I hope you stay and chat! I've seen lots of your posts on the main board and always enjoy them. About your question, I would love to have an answer for you but I don't count them. I try to eat as low carb as I can except sometimes when I know that my protein will be where it should be (102-122g), then maybe I'll have mashed potatoes or something like that as a lunch. I also don't count calories but I try to eat meals plus a snack or two to try and elevate them. I'm sorry I couldn't be any help with stats! Lauren
Melissa P.
on 5/23/06 11:01 pm - Aurora, IL
I don't count carbs, my doctor told me not to worry about that. I try to keep my calories around 900, but I sometimes have a hard time getting it all in. If I don't, I stall. I get about 70 grams of protein.
Barbara M.
on 5/24/06 12:19 am - St. Louis, MO
I have had quite a lot of stalls, and my surgeon's nurse said to cut BACK my protein to 60 g. (I was taking in about 90-100, thinking more is better, right?) Well, it actually seemed to work - for a time. I take in about 750 cal. a day and try to stay at 45 carbs - those are numbers I just sort of picked myself. I never "feel" full, but my surgeon's nurse will only say "Listen to your body". Well, dang it, my body isn't telling me anything. I am a lightweight and have lost 45 lbs., and am not unhappy with that but I would like to eat some veggies and fruits and things along with the protein but am scared to up my calorie intake or the amount in case it's too much for my pouch since I never know when I am full. Is any of this making sense? I don't eat crap - no chips or sugar or anything like that at all. I know some people can but I don't want to find out if I can or not because my head is still in its obese mode. I just want to eat more, different foods but am scared to add calories. Also, have had broken foot and surgery going on 6 weeks now so not very active. Thoughts?
RebekaA
on 5/24/06 8:12 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Barbara, Welcome to the board. That is so interesting that cutting back your protein helped! I also don'****ch/worry about my cals or carbs, but I track them on fitday, so on average they are: Pro: 60-75gm Carbs: 50gm Cals: 600-800, even 1000 on a high day For the most part I do try to stay away from carbs, mainly b/c it cuts my hunger and cravings. my snacks are mostly protein, and I do eat plenty of veggies. I wouldn't worry about adding veggies or fruit to your diet--I mean they're VEGGIES and FRUIT. It sounds like you're avoiding all the right stuff already and they won't add much to your cal intake anyway. I love them and find the variety helps me from getting bored. I think 45#'s is GREAT start. I've personally only lost 35 since my surgery so you're ahead of me. As for not knowing when to stop b/c you're not feeling full, that's where measuring your food comes in. Just keep measuring everything and don't worry about when to stop--you stop when it's gone. I've heard it can take a few months ****il we fully heal inside,) to get that "full" feeling anyway. HTH GL
Angela S.
on 5/24/06 2:57 am - St. Ann, MO
Hi Barbara, we had surgery the same day with Dr. de la Torre. I am takin in probably about the same amount of calories as you are and I am getting in right at my 60 grams of protein, sometimes less. It is hard for me because I have not find a protein I like yet so I stick to string cheese and protein bars. I am down a total of 60 pounds since surgery. I think introducing new things into your diet would not hurt because your pouch will tell you when it has had enough (trust me I have learned the hard way). I think being that you had less to lose to begin with the weight loss will not be as huge as those of us who have a lot to lose. I wish you the best of luck, I have been eating lots of watery fruits (watermelon and canteloupe) and have continued to lose. I think as long as you aren't adding sugary or fatty foods like chips you will be ok. Keep us posted!
Barbara M.
on 5/26/06 3:10 am - St. Louis, MO
Hi Angela - I do remember you! I don't do protein shakes really anymore - I try to get it all with food and power crunch bars and also I eat some of the Stallone pudding. I am not unhappy with the weight loss, but I never feel full or have problems with any food so I really don't know how much to eat or not eat. I talk to Nancy about it, but she says "Listen to your body." Well, my body doesn't tell me anything. And I am not satisfied with this 1/2 c. of food thing, honestly. I feel like I can eat more - not a lot more, but more than 1/2 c. I don't know. I continue to lose at a slow rate, but I expect that now that I really only have between 30-40 lbs. left to lose after only 3 months. I have an appt. with her on Tues. so I am going to try to pin her down again on calorie intake. Sounds like you are doing well! Nice to hear from you. Have a great weekend.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views