To dum*****t to dump..

Lauren003
on 5/23/06 5:11 am - , NC
This past weekend was my daughter's ballet recital and she picked out a cake (with buttercream icing) and decorated it. Well, she was going to spend the night at my sister's so I had a small piece, about 3 bites worth, half of which was probably icing because it was so good. I didn't dump. Not a twinge of anything, not so much as a fleeting queasy moment. Does that mean that I'm not a dumper? I'm not going to start eating sugar daily or anything, don't worry. Just curious how much sugar it takes to make most people sick. Anyone had some yet?
SoulSista
on 5/23/06 5:26 am - Boston, MA
havent tried sweets but I did have some activa yogart trying to combat this constant constipation. first time I had it was a little warm but the soon disapeared. But the second time I had it had fast heart beat cold sweat and vomiting so thats it for the activa (17gms sugar). also will dump on high fat foods had two strips of reagular bacon was in misery for about an hour. vomiting cold sweats diaherra will never have regular bacon again. Marsha
Darlene X
on 5/23/06 5:30 am - Maricopa, AZ
I avoid refined sugars so I don't know if I dump on them or not... Hubby hasnt had anything like that in 8 months since his surgery either....so we don't know for sure... BUT Im pretty sure neither of us dump on sugar. I can tolerate Fructose and high sugar fruits very well.... Im not going to find out whether I do or don't... because a few bites of some cake... and then it will be a few more... and lead to bad things for me.... a downhill spiral I don't want to get involved in... I think dumping is a mystery, some things will make you dump, some won't... I don't think there is an exact science behind it.... you hear people say they ate a peice of cake and didn't dump, but then ate a banana and did... you also hear some people who say "If I eat over X grams of sugar I dump"... It's an individual thing... my advice... Don't keep testing the limits... to see how much of that cake you can eat before you dump.... Darlene
Lauren003
on 5/23/06 10:04 am - , NC
Oh no worries, I'm not really a limit tester in any part of my life. It would just be nice to have a couple of bites a few times a year for a special occassion. I haven't tried the higher sugar fruits except for a bite of watermelon and that was uneventful. Really, I think those fried bananas were the most decadent sweet that I've tried other than the cake. Should hold me over for a few while.
Courtney B.
on 5/23/06 6:27 am - Lancaster, CA
The first time Ive ever dumped was on the sugar from a whole apple. That was awful. I ended up throwing it up. Ive had sugar too, in small quantities and havent had a problem. I did slightly dump on a protein bar with too much fat. Im just staying away from sugar because I dont want to dump again. It was yucky. Courtney
Lauren003
on 5/23/06 10:17 am - , NC
Yeah, not really looking forward to my first experience.
cathelewis
on 5/23/06 8:58 am
It seems to vary for me. My body gives me a warning when I'm nearing the dumping threshold. Today I had about half a bite of cake at a baby shower and was fine, but knew I couldn't eat any more. Fruit in small amounts has not been any problem, although I don't seem to hold more than a couple of grapes or a slice of apple. However, I dumped on liquid Tylenol about a week after surgery. So, like I said, it varies pretty widely for me. I just take it slowly and carefully. Cathe
Lauren003
on 5/23/06 10:19 am - , NC
Holy cow, I have a face now! A minute ago I didn't! That's pretty much my motto too.. proceed with caution!
Lauren003
on 5/23/06 10:21 am - , NC
Dingyer! HA HA!! Girl, you crack my butt (as we Indiana folk say)
RebekaA
on 5/24/06 8:18 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi, The same thing happened to me last wkend. Was my baby's 2nd bday and I bought this amazing strawberry shortcake thing --tried 3 bites...and waited.....nothing. I was kinda disappointed and afraid I won't be a dumper. I feel ok about it though, I mean even pre op it had been FOREVER since I had any sweets b/c i was always on some diet so it's actually not a big temptation for me, but i was hoping for some aversion therapy to carry me thru my weight loss. I guess we'll see. I don't think it means we won't ever dump, maybe this just wasn't it. Rebeka
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views