### 05/22 What Did Ya Eat Today?

Darlene X
on 5/22/06 6:00 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Guys, sorry ive been mostly MIA over the weekend, with John's death you can probably understand. Im still very shaken up over the whole thing, and it really hasn't sunk in. His wife is a wreck... we are all working to support her, deliver meals, protein suppliments etc... in the ICU Saturday we had to force liquids in her, and protein shakes. It wasn't a good weekend at all. I haven't much felt like eating today... Before Breakfast: SF Hot chocloate (8oz) and a 16.9oz bottle of water. Breakfast: 6oz Raspberry Dannon Lite & Fit Snack: None--- did another 9oz liquids or so Lunch: About 2-3 oz of Taco soup w/ 2 Tortilla chips. Snack: 2 String cheese Dinner: I don't know, we have some left over mashed potatoes, might create something. Im working on getting more liquid in this afternoon. I'll try hard, despite not having any motivation to eat or drink.
Tisha C.
on 5/22/06 12:09 pm - Signal Hill, CA
Darlens - I'm sorry to hear about John. =( Just keep taking care of yourself to help be strong for your wife. I know this was posted before, but I can't find it for some reason...could someone please post the Taco Soup recipe? I promise I'll write it down this time! ~Tisha
Tisha C.
on 5/22/06 12:12 pm - Signal Hill, CA
Would be great if I spelled your name with an E on the end instead of an S...it's been a looooooong day! Let's see...this is what i've had: B: 1/2 Packet Weight Control Oatmeal / Banana Bread. I couldn't finish because the phones at work were crazy! L: 1/2 C Chili, 3 Clubb Wheat Crackers S: 4 Clubb Wheat Crackers and 1 oz. Cheddar Cheese D: While everyone is having Pizza I will probably be having Chili again. I made soooo much the other day that I would hate for it to go to waste.
~ Stylz ~
on 5/22/06 1:53 pm - North of Boston, MA
I tried finding the other recipe for taco soup, but didn't find it. I posted this one a couple weeks ago I made this the other day it was SO good! I even froze some (was told it freezes well so I figured I'd give it a shot) Taco Soup 1 lb ground sirloin 1 onion chopped 1 green pepper chopped 1 red pepper, chopped 1 49 oz can of V-8 (low sodium) 2 cups zucchini cut up 1 16 oz black beans 1-2 cups of water (depending on how much broth you want) 1-2 pkg. dry taco seasoning or add your own spices (low sodium) Brown beef, onion, green pepper and set aside. Add all other ingredients to a large pot and mix, then add beef and onions, mix again. Let this cook on low for about 30-45 min, or you can let it cook in a crock pot all day on low for more flavoring. Add low fat cheddar cheese to your bowl for extra protein! nutrition information (per 1 oz): 22 calories; 1gr fat; 4mg cholesterol; 24mg sodium; 2gr carbs; 1gr fiber; 2gr protein 6% Vitamin A; 14% Vitamin C; 1% Calcium; 3% Iron
Darlene X
on 5/22/06 10:33 pm - Maricopa, AZ
These are the Taco Soup Recipes we use... so YUMMY!!! Here is the original recipe: TACO SOUP 2 lbs. ground beef 1 medium onion, chopped 1 can kidney beans 1 can pinto beans 1 can black beans 1 can Rotel tomatoes 1 can diced tomatoes 2 cans shoepeg corn 2 packages taco seasoning 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Brown ground beef and onion. Add taco and HVR seasonings and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients. The longer you let it simmer, the better! Here is the hotter recipe: OK, so I made the Taco Soup, and loved it BUT it just wasn't spicy enough for me, didnt have any kick. It was a mild soup, and being from Arizona I like stuff thats hot.... so if anyone else likes spicy, I tweaked it slightly, and I think it turned out pretty good. HOTTER TACO SOUP 2 lbs. ground beef 1 medium onion, chopped 1 can kidney beans 1 can pinto beans 1 can black beans 2 cans extra hot rotel tomatoes 2 cans shoepeg corn 2 packages taco seasoning (1 regular, 1 hot) 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Brown ground beef and onion. Add taco and HVR seasonings and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients. The longer you let it simmer, the better! I cooked it all in the crock pot overnight, turned out yummy!!!! Ate it with some cheese on top, and some Trader Joes soy & flaxseed tortilla chips.. NOTE: I normally add a few cans of water after, cause the recipe is more of a chilli texture than a soup. I put in as much liquid as I want, then thicken at the end with a little corn starch.
Angela S.
on 5/22/06 1:28 pm - St. Ann, MO
I am so sorry for your loss Darlene. B: 2 sticks string cheese L: The meat out of a Smart Ones peppercorn beef meal S: Pretzels D: 1 mini taco, 1 mini tacquito, 1 mini chicken quesadilla S: cheese cubes, and a peanuts
alaskanbat
on 5/22/06 4:46 pm - Wasilla, AK
Breakfast - about 2 oz leftover chinese chicken snack - LF cheese stick Lunch - MORE leftover chinese chicken snack - bit of shredded lettece and shredded cheese dinner - some beef jerkey and sunflower seeds, milk When my hubby gets deployed I can see what this will look like... the same food for 4 or 5 meals in a row!!!! I cook one meal and it seems to last FOREVER! I got all 4 of my optisourse vitamins in, and my calcium chew!
timsdanni
on 5/22/06 11:12 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
sorry to hear about your lose - HUGS my eating sucked on the trip - yesterday I had 1 1/2 protien shakes 2 T or so of egg with suagsage and potatoes in them 1/4 peice of toast with butter half a small wedge of cantalope (YUMMM) a couple of oz of left over rare steak, 3 mushrooms, 3 peices of brocoli lc cheese string cheese 1/4 oz beef jerky from the bag at the bottom of my purse 3 or 4 bite of cheese burger and 6or 7 french fries from mcD a mistake that crap is nasty tasting and nasty in the pouch and nasty smelling in the truck too LOL only a little over 4 bottles of water - oh and an orange - I acculy ate about half of it then I sucked the juice out of the rest LOL - I was so thirsty bu****er was making me feel yuck - had a major migraine over the weekend from lack of water. as you can see I ate like crap the whole weekend but still managed to lose 4 pounds - don't ask me how - maybe my body went "hey we are back to eating anything and everything -turn lose of the fat there is more coming our way " ok that is the only theroy I can come up with - unless stress causes wieght loss instead of gain like it used to hugs danni 372/306/170 come ON 200s
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views