This was a WoW day!

BabyRuth2u
on 5/20/06 11:32 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I actually went to a Outdoor Venture Festival and did some crazy stuff. Activities! LOL First thing we tried was the Dragon Boat Races. I wasn't sure I could do it or not. My husband signed up to try it, and I thought what the heck. If I can't row much, if it's too hard I can do it lightly, there's lot of people on that long boat helping with the work. Well it ended up being great. I was able to do it and pitch in with no problem. Now walking on the bouncy floating on the water dock to get in the boat was a bit scarey. LOL Getting into the boat wasn't too bad, getting out a bit tougher because things were wet and slippy and I had to try stepping up on the seat two or three times to get out, taking the hand of two people. Of course I was the first one to be exited from the boat and had 20 people watching me, but what the hell. I don't know em! LOL Then we wanted to try bike riding. I hadn't been on a bike in I don't know how many years. I know more than 25 at least. So we signed up for that and went on the bike ride with a group. It was basically a flat to slight grade ride, two small hills. I made one, but on one the way back I didn't quite make it to the top and had to walk the last few feet. But the whole ride was 5-1/2 miles!!! And it is true what they say... "it's like riding a bike" LOL I was worried I'd be so afraid of falling, but it went well. So hubby and I were out pricing bikes today. Think we are definately going to get some. We have some really great flat biking / walking trails around here and we usually walk them, it would be great to bike them and go really far distances. So it was a WoW kind of day because I, yes me, who hasn't down anything physical in her adult life actually did today. I wanted to inline skate, but chickened out. I was afraid on that I would fall and break some stuff. I got lots of windburn and sunburn on my face today. It has been raining here so much as of late, but today lucky no rain but the winds, especially along the river were kicking up like crazy.. Hope everyone had a great day. Tomorrow it's off to the "Walk Away From Obesity" 5k. Sheesh, I can't believe I"m doing this stuff. LOL talk to you soon!
Rilabie_Chime
on 5/20/06 1:05 pm - Littlerock, CA
That is a great WOW day and you'll have more wow moments because of it, your metabolism is going to get moving faster just like the rest of you! Have fun tomorrow.
Lauren003
on 5/23/06 4:34 am - , NC
What an awesome fun day!! I bet your family can't believe how active you can be now! Let us know how the walk went. It's so far! You're doing incredibly.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views