Cravings

MsKeara
on 5/21/06 8:36 am - Baldwin, WI
Hello Everyone, I'm having a HUGE problem with cravings right now. I'm PMS'ing and the cravings are coming in WAVES. I haven't had anything I shouldn't have but I know I've had more frequent meals than I should. I don't know that my cravings have ever been this bad. Maybe it's because I'm not giving in so it just seems worse. I would normally just eat Hostess Fruit Pies and Snickers until the cravings for sweets were gone. Since surgery, I've found out that I dump so I don't dare even consider that option. My primary MD once told me that I crave because my body is trying to get ready for the blood loss. My hemoglobin(?) drops to the low 8's. On really bad months, I have to convince him that I don't need to be transfused. He has never said if there was anything I could do about it (cravings). Any thoughts? MsKeara
Melissa P.
on 5/21/06 8:52 am - Aurora, IL
I would try one of Darlenes splenda desserts. Also, I found that when I eat more, I lose more. It is because that is when I actually get the calories in that my nut wants. I wouldn't worry about eating too much. If you don't feel sick after you eat, you should be fine.
BabyRuth2u
on 5/22/06 3:01 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hey Melissa, I have found also to be true what you said here, that it seems sometimes if your food is upped a bit you end up losing more. I guess it is because we are eating so little that when we do eat a lil more we are actually getting more of what we need and our bodies arent thinking they are starving and they let thing metabolize normally. I've been having the same problem as the original poster here today. All I want to do is eat! I felt like that sort of yesterday that I was wanting to eat too often, and now today it's insane. I had breakfast, then mid morning wanted something, so had some crackers with pb & jelly and then just now at 12:30 had a protein shake. I've been busy all morning too since 7 trying to finish up my living room, we've been redecorating it, painting, and such for months. It has taken forever and is finally close to the end. So I've been very busy but the wanting to eat is just haunting me today. Maybe it will be good though, calories upped a lil and I'll lose some weight? LOL It does scare me though. I'm having cravings for things I haven't cared about since surgery and Im afraid I'm going to start grazing and picking all the time. I have been so good up until now just doing my three meals and two shakes. Someone kick me in the ass!!
bananajana5
on 5/21/06 12:19 pm - Jackson, TN
I just had the same problem!! This month was the worst!! Seems like my period was heavier too. The cravings...I did eat some chips and I bought some no sugar added chocolate ice cream....mango sherbert too!! I did not do too bad with any of the items...My freezer froze the ice cream so hard you could not hardly get it out!!! Who knew that my freezer was looking out for me!!! haha...maybe next month will not be as bad!! Jana
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/06 9:31 pm - Baltimore, MD
More than the cravings, it seems like I want to eat more during that time as well. But like someone else mentioned, don't worry about eating more as long as you're eating the right things. For something sweet, I really like some of the Atkins bars. To me they are really sweet and will do if I need something. I'd also try one of the dessert recipes. Hang in there! Monica
Shana M.
on 5/22/06 8:03 am - KY
Pickles. More pickles and more pickles. Yesterday I skinned and ate 4 large claussen pickles. I have no idea why they are so important to me right now, but they are the world. I did have something sweet this weekend though, I bought a weigh****cher frozen dessert. You know the ones that come in a single serving? It was chocolate chip cookie dough and had 15 grams of sugar. I did fine with (although it was all I ate for dinner). I'm not sure if I dump though. So far I either haven't pushed it yet or just don't. This was my first sugary thing since surgery though. Hmmmm. Ice cream and pickles...I better not be pg!! SLM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views