Embarassing WOW moment!

jennb40
on 5/18/06 6:03 pm - Nashua, NH
So last night the hubby and I decide to go to this Mexican restaurant to give it a try. I am thinking refried beans and cheese would taste good. So we go in and the host takes us to our table. (we have never been to this place before). He is moving pretty fast and I am right behind him moving just as fast and OOPS....he doesn't say - watch the step and there is not a sign to say "step up" and you guessed it - I didn't see the step! So just as I hit it....I go flying through the air as if 2,000 Mexican jumping beans had invaded by TOO big slacks!!!! I landed flat on the left side of my "arse" - in all my glory - in front of heaven knows how many people. How do you save Grace in that situation???? Here I am laying on the floor trying to determine if there were any broken body parts and this 120 pound young Mexican man is giving me a hand trying to haul my (under 300 thankfully) 295 pound body up from the floor - him on one side and hubby on the other. BUT the WOW moment...once I determined there were no broken body parts (thankfully) I told both of them....BACK UP!!! I can get up myself (I think!) So WOW oh WOW....I hauled myself up by MYSELF and with as much dignity as you could muster...easily slid into a BOOTH!!!!! (belly not touching the table...) So 2 WOW moments...rising from the floor by myself - unassisted - (no crane needed thank you!) and fitting comfortably in the booth! Now this 55 year old body is a bit sore this morning, but that grin from getting up by myself sure is biting away the pain look from the sore muscles! So I guess my 56 pounds lost got me off the floor!!! Have a nice weekend everybody! Barbara
Sondra J. S.
on 5/18/06 6:10 pm - Show Low, AZ
Barbara, OUCH!!!! That sounds like it would hurt, I'm sorry that you landed hard, but on the upside you did save grace and got up by yourself and fit in a BOOTH of all places, YAY!!!! for you.... That is totally awesome.....YOU ROCK!!!! You go girl!!!! That is awesome!!!! Sondra, 315/258/150 57lbs. gone for good!!!! :dance
~ Stylz ~
on 5/18/06 11:05 pm - North of Boston, MA
Glad you didn't get hurt Barbara and congrats on the WOW moments!! I love not having to worry about fitting in a booth! I remember going to a Japanese restaurant in Westford where they sat us in these wooden booths big enough for someone of a size 4. Ofcourse my friend slipped in no problem, but I was so uncomfortable the entire meal trying to disguise it Did you go to LaCarreta? stuck to refried beans or tried something else? They have the best shredded beef there!! my mouths watering just thinking about it I had a WOW moment this morning! I put on size 18 jeans I just bought at old navy (I had them in sz 20, loved them so much went back and bought the 18 and 16 because they were on sale) they were baggy in the legs so I took them off, tried the 16 and they fit!!!!! Feels great to be out of the 20's in clothes
jennb40
on 5/18/06 11:20 pm - Nashua, NH
Way to go Karen...and YES to LaCarreta...did get the refried beans with additional cheese - didn't do the shredded beef...guess I didn't see it on the menu???? Glad you have those skinny jeans on! Talk to ya soon...Barbara
Tina K
on 5/19/06 4:35 am - Central, NY
It's so nice when there is a silver lining to an embarassing moment Barbara. I'm so thankful you weren't hurt. And fitting in a booth! w00T!! You go girl! Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views