Pill Stuck.. UGHHHH

Darlene X
on 5/18/06 5:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
So I had the worst experience this morning. Im sooo sick of chewable vitamins, so I went to Vitamin Shoppe and spent a long time looking at their "small" vitamins. Most brands I would need to take 6-12 a day UGH... cause of the smaller size... but I found one brand that advertised as a mini/small vitamin but the dose was only 1 a day! So I got them. When I opened them, they were still bigger than I expected, but they seemed only slightly bigger than the OTC Prilosec Ive been taking with no issues. So yesterday I took one, it was uncomfortable for a while, sat like a ton of bricks, but was ok... after about an hour the feeling subsided... Well this morning I go to take my vitamin... and boy it sat hard, It felt worse than the day before... it got stuck. I knew it would work it's way down and disolve but boy.... so Im in the bathroom getting ready for work, putting my makeup on and the next thing you know Im puking into the sink. Thankfully only crystal lite was in my tummy... I ended up puking several times, the pill never came up... but lots of lovely vitamin flavored liquid LOL So no more of those vitamins for me... Hubby can have them, I guess it's back I got to get some of the smaller ones that will require me to take 6 a day. Darlene -68lbs!!! YAY
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 5:30 am - AZ
Darlene, I think I would have been completely done for the day because that vitamin taste is the worst thing ever!!!!! I would have had to go back to !!! I take the Solaray childrens chewable vitamins which are black cherry flavored. They taste great (not like the nasty flintstones) and the best part is that you can sample them at Sprout's. If you ask for help at Sprout's they will often open a package if there isn't a sampler already out, which is really nice! I think they cost $10 for 120 tablets and I take 2 a day. I just searched for them on the net and can buy them for as little as $6.19 for 120 tablets, but I didn't check the shipping cost. Elizabeth
Sondra J. S.
on 5/18/06 5:48 am - Show Low, AZ
Darlene, I'm so sorry you had a bad expierence with vitamins. My sis in law brought me some liquid vitamins in what looked like a wine bottle, she says it's like 40 a bottle, but you only take 3oz a day and you want to take them like a shot because it has a definate vitamin taste to it, I'll have to get the name later, a lady she works with is a distrubitor of the vitamin. She says it gives her tons of energy. I haven't tried it yet, but I only know what she told me. I take 4 flintstone vitamins with iron a day and a B1 a day with my caltrate 600mg 2x a day. I could handle the regular vitamins, regular pill form, but I still have issues with the B1 pill wanting to get stuck sometimes and it tastes NASTY lol....Sometimes my pain pills want to get stuck going down, the muscle relaxer is very tiny so it's ok, but the pain pill, OMG it's huge and it tries to get stuck, it's not pretty, lol. I just thougt I'd put my 2 cents worth in, lol....Have a great day!!!! Sondra, 315/258/150....need to check the scale again, lol 57lbs. gone for good!!!!
Darlene X
on 5/18/06 6:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
I looked at liquid vitamins when I was there... but I just know they will be nasty tasting... and 3oz of liquid takes me like 5 minutes or so... it would be impossible to do it "shot" style.... so it would be NASTY! LOL Id rather just swallow a pill I can't taste anything of.... hehe Darlene
Tina K
on 5/18/06 10:18 am - Central, NY
Ack! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Thankfully I've been able to take my vitamin pills with no problem. I use Walmart's One a Day without a problem, they are a bit larger than a Tylenol. For some reason I simply can't stomach chewing any sort of pill. Totally grosses me out! Hope you find something that works for you soon. Tina
bananajana5
on 5/21/06 12:36 pm - Jackson, TN
As I sit here reading this I am burping vitamin!! GROSS!! It is a chewable but don't know what happened tonite!! It is just sitting there and I feel terrible!!! I hope it soon goes one way or the other!! Jana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views