I feel like a WOMAN! perhaps TMI... :)

sparkles
on 5/18/06 12:25 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
OK, I can only speak personally here.. so I will! Before surgery, I rarely felt like a woman. I rarley did things for myself, and if my husband didnt go, I didnt go. Our bedroom life was.... boring.... I didn't feel sexy, (even though he said I was... yea right!) I feel like I'm changing. I don't like to watch as much TV. I don't get upset if I miss my favorite show and it takes a week to get to it. I used to. Pilates was a huge step outside my comfort zone. I'm glad I did it. I had fun, and didnt get hurt. I read more. I would rather read my book than plop down infront of the tv... which is a big thing for me. I feel more independent, sexy and confident... Not to mention.. I've laughed more in the last month than I have in my whole life. Right now I may not be able to ROAR, but I'm sure not meowing any more!
timsdanni
on 5/18/06 12:30 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I am with you on this one I am a much nicer person to hubby and the boys and to ME since I started losing. 3 months ago I would have been throwing a screaming fit AT Tim over us maybe not being able to go (see prayer request please for detials) now I am sitting here typing but I was reading in our room earlyer and will go back to that in a bit. no point in screaming or crying at him. I know while our bedroom life wasn't bad it is much better now (the 3 weeks with out bc non withstanding LOL) Danni
Sondra J. S.
on 5/18/06 12:36 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hey, GO YOU, YOU ARE WOMAN AND YES WE HEAR YOU ROAR!!!! Good for you, you should be proud of your sexy new you!!!! We all had this surgery for one reason or another, I personally was tired of always feeling tired and run down, tired of my ankle hurting me, tired of being the "fat" one in classes, tired of my illnesses. I know that each and everyone of us on this board had this surgery for our own reason!! We all are here to support each other and to let each other know our strenghts and weaknesses and to reach out and to help each other with those strengths and weaknesses. I am happy as a lark for you that you feel so happy and that your changing inside, because you did this for YOU, to make you feel better inside and out, and yes you are changing very fast and that is hard to grapple, hard to keep up with in a sense. We all are. So, get out there girl and roar like the lioness that you are and get on that high horse and let the world know that there is a new you that is coming out of her ****oon(spelling) and she is ready to tackle the world head on!!!! Sondra, 315/258/150 57lbs. gone for good!!!!
Angela S.
on 5/18/06 1:09 pm - St. Ann, MO
Good for you! I feel much the same way. I never felt feminine and I am starting to look at sexier clothes, haven't bought any but I am looking. I love to go clothes shopping now, hated it before and stuck to catalogs. I love the mall now. I have never wore tank tops but I am considering buying one. I have a ton more energy, I have been working in my yard this year and chasing my son and playing more. I get out of the house more because I can walk without being uncomfortable. I have joined Curves, a water aerobics class for the summer, and the 5 mile Race for the Cure next month. Never would have done any of that before. It is liberating isn't it?
Melissa P.
on 5/18/06 11:13 pm - Aurora, IL
I feel the same way. I recently brok up with my boyfriend of 6 years. I was depressed before the surgery. I didn't want to do anything. I feel good now, and want to get out there and start dating. I wish that there was a WLS dating site. I just don't know if many of the guys areound my age (22), will understand the surgery, unless they have had it.
Tina K
on 5/19/06 4:19 am - Central, NY
I'm starting to feel teh same way! Good for you! It's amazing how much in your life changes with the weight loss. Having only ever excelled at weight gain I never imagined that dropping pounds would change so much. I'm so excited for all of us - we've got so much ahead of us. Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views