Frustrated

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 8:17 am - AZ
Hi everyone, I'm getting frustrated because the scale is moving so slowly. I'm eating right, getting my protein and fluids, and I'm exercising. I know I'm doing everything right but the darn scale just isn't moving. It seems like the last 4-5 weeks have been one big stall for me. Or I'll stall for a week or more and then only lose 1 pound. I'm not a person who can throw the scale away or only weigh once a week. I'm way too much of a control freak for that. I weigh once a day, first thing in the morning, so I'm not totally neurotic! I'm trying really hard to stay positive, but I'm beyond frustrated now. I guess the frustration just gives me more fuel for the gym. Thanks for letting me vent.... Elizabeth 295/290/241/155 HW/SW/CW/GW
Darlene X
on 5/18/06 8:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
Smile These are happy days hehehe. Ive lost 2lbs the last 2 weeks, feeling a little frustrated too-- but keep repeating in my head, stalls are normal...LOL Work it out at the gym!!!! You have the right idea LOL Come to support group Tuesday!!!! It will be fun.... Darlene 338/270/170
Tina K
on 5/18/06 10:37 am - Central, NY
Well, sounds like someone needs to take your scale away honey! You're putting a huge amount of pressure on yourself by expecting a daily change - always going down! Not gonna happen. Our bodies need time to adjust between weight drops. If you haven't already taken measurements, start TODAY! Many times when the weight doesn't go anywhere our inches are melting away. You've lost just about 50 pounds since surgery and that's fantastic! Focus on what you've accomplished and not what you think you've failed to do. This surgery is going to work for you Elizabeth - in a few months we'll all be looking back at these first two months and being laughing that we got so stressed about it all. Hugs, Tina
RebekaA
on 5/18/06 12:25 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Elizabeth, I hear ya and I feel ya! I feel exactly the same way. It's so frustrating. I guess I just had the wrong idea about this surgery, b/c I thought (esp. in the beginning,) that the weight would just fall off. how could it not, I mean we eat like 600 cals a day! But I too am in the slooooooowwwwww boat. My loss has been more like when I did WW, where I lost REALLY slowly, a pound here and there. My current pattern has been to be at the same weight for about 8 days and then drop 1-3#'s overnight. Then 8 more days again etc. It's so tedious. Esp. when it seems everyone around me is dropping like crazy. (My dh for instance, lost 40 freaking #'s the first month alone! GRRRRRR!) I just keep telling myself that at least I am not hungry and I feel great. And for the first time in a long time, i feel in control of food, not the other way around and I'm shaping healthy habits. So that's what I hang on to. Just try to hang in there, remember too, unlike all those other times we tried to lose--this time you will succeed! So we may not get there as fast as we want, but we WILL get there! Take care, Rebeka
cathelewis
on 5/18/06 12:51 pm
Hi Elizabeth, If you've increased your exercise recently, your weight loss may slow temporarily as your body gets used to the new activity level. At least that's what's happened in my experience, and then the weight loss starts up again. My scale measures body fat percentage and hydration, and it's interesting that my hydration levels seem to jump up when the scale has stopped moving for a couple of days. My body seems to be hanging onto water at that time. Then the hydration levels will return to normal and I will start losing again. You're doing all the right things...hang in there and this will work for all of us. Cathe
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 3:24 pm - AZ
Thanks for the pep talks guys. It's exactly what I needed. Darlene, I can't go to support group on Tuesday as I'll be out of state on a business trip, but I will start coming in June. Elizabeth
Shana M.
on 5/19/06 4:10 am - KY
I know how you feel. For me it came off quickly in the first month and now every 1/2 a pound is s struggle. I know I'm working out and getting my protein. I may not eat all I'm supposed to and sometimes I make the wrong decisions, but I'm losing slower right now than I would be on my own! I'm on about the same schedule you are with stalling for 7-10 days and then dropping a pound or so. It's frustrating. I also weigh once every morning. I can't help it, it's like an obsession!! I keep telling myself this is going to work. Although I feel like it's going to take me longer than what it should, I know it's going to happen. It has to! SLM 310/251.5/165 SW/CW/Goal 5'9
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views