Anyone else totally drained at 'that time of the month'?

socalkarin
on 5/17/06 4:33 pm - Monrovia, CA
Hello Marchers! Just starting my 2nd cycle since surgery, and I notice a big drop in energy during my period. Pre-surgery I would get a little achy, take a few tylenol or motrin, and be pretty much okay. Now I just feel zapped of energy and have NO appetite! Just wondering if anyone else is noticing changes to their cycle post-op.... Have a great day, karin 310/268/160
sparkles
on 5/17/06 10:07 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
I know this is probably way too TMI. I was always regular before surgery, you could usually set a clock by my schedule and still can, but I'm so much heavier now! Cramps and other pains are alot worse and its a longer period than before. I too feel like total crap during that week! I hope this part gets a bit better!
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/06 11:40 pm - PA
Actually, I was going to post a question related to that just now. My periods have been more frequent, more painful, and longer in duration since surgery. I complained to my doc about low energy and he said I may need an iron supplement. You may want to check into that too. I tend to gain alot of water weight too and I feel sooooo bloated and uncomfortable, I don't want to eat. If you find out anything about relieving some of that, I'd love to know about it. Most of the stuff I used to take pre-op is not allowed now. Kathy
Darlene X
on 5/18/06 1:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
You probably want to increase your iron intake right before your period. I just had a heavy 3 week period, and feel so drained. I saw my surgeon, and they suggested doubling up on iron suppliments the week before my period. If your not careful it can leave you a little anemic. Darlene 338/270/170
timsdanni
on 5/18/06 4:12 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I wonder what my labs will show now? I got the depo shot like10-12 days ago and have been bleeding since then - I know lots of people warned me but it is worth it to have birthcontrol - we will reevealuate when it is time for the next one - esp if I am still bleeding - a possiblity I am more tiered now then I was in the past 2 months post op - hubby and I both think it is from bleeding so long and heavy I need to get some iron - adding that will be fun NOT I already work all day to get my calcuim in - taking my prenate with iron early in the morning danni
Melissa P.
on 5/18/06 2:49 am - Aurora, IL
You are lsoing blood. When you give blood, they have you eat to get all of your nutrients back up. You can eat anymore than usual. That is probably why. Try taking an extra vitamin to make up for the blood loss. Just an idea.
Sondra J. S.
on 5/18/06 5:57 am - Show Low, AZ
Hey, After I got the depo shot, my period, when it came, lasted like 8-12 days, totally not normal, and yes I was completly drained of all energy, did not want to go to classes, I didn't even finish all the work for my classes, I still have to finish some work for one of them and the semester has ended, lol.... But yes I do feel completly drained, the surgeon said that it is because my body has went through such a drastic change and that it would go back to normal in time not to worry, and the GYN said the same thing when I went in for my well woman exam, so I suppose I have nothing to worry about. lol. Sondra, 315/258/150 57lbs. gone for good!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views