Yummy Chicken Stir-Fry

Darlene X
on 5/18/06 7:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
So Ive been eating this the last few days, and Im loving it. It's very quick to make too (Takes me about 15 minutes). I don't use measurements when I make this kind of stuff at home, and my measurements (A dinner for 2 WLS patients) wouldn't quite work for most "normal" families anyway LOL. Im just gonna post what I did. I heat a pan to medium, and add a generous portion of olive oil. In the pan, I put some diced red onion & sugar snap peas. (For Hubby and I, we cut the peas in half-- easier size for us to eat). Let the onions and sugar snap peas sautee until the onion starts to become tender. Add some baby corn to the onions & peas (Again for WLS patients I chop these into smaller bites). Let corn heat through, then add a handful of peanuts, and some garlic (I use about a teaspoon of diced garlic from a jar). Add in some pre-cooked chicken, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (Or whatever size you like)--- we have been buying a rottessirie chicken, last us about 5-6 meals, so I use the already cooked chicken breast from that. There are lots of brands that have cooked chicken breast, or you could always cook your own beforehand. Add some lower sugar Terryaki sauce, just to coat the meat & veggies--- I bought Ken's Steakhouse brand--- 2g sugar per serving. Turn the heat up slightly and heat everything through. If your making it for your family too, then serve with some noodles or rice. What I LOVE about this, is it's great left overs. As it's sits over night the terryaki sauce and the olive oil marinate the chicken and make it very moist and yummy when reheated. I think it's better the next day!.
Katie M.
on 5/18/06 7:33 am - East Petersburg, PA
Sounds really good! I'm drooling. Thanks for the idea!! Katie
Tina K
on 5/18/06 10:14 am - Central, NY
Ohhh, that sounds very yummy Darlene! Sounds like you cook the same way I do - a dash of this, bit of that...and garlic! I'm lovin' my garlic press! Though I'm thinking of breaking down and buying it already crushed in a jar. Let me ask you, does it have the same taste as freshly minced garlic? We seriously use a lot of garlic in this house.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views