What kind of Calcium are you taking?

* Icemama *.
on 5/18/06 4:38 am - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
I need to know a chewable calcium citrate brand and where you purchased it from. I got the petites/easy to swallow citracal from walgreens and it has gotten stuck twice. I think I just need a chewable. I was taking caltrate but it was calcium carbonate,.. BAaaad I know. Any help would be great!
Darlene X
on 5/18/06 5:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
I think almost everyone here has converted to the "Citracal Creamy Chews". They are Calcium Citrate, which is what we should be taking, and they are delicious! They have several flavours, Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Mint, Caramel & Lemon. They are like a treat! Each chew has 500g of calcium. They can be found at Walmart near the other calcium/viactive chews.... I also found them at my local Walgreens drug store, and Ive heard Target also carries them. YUMMY!! Darlene
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 5:10 am - AZ
I'm using the Bariatric Advantage lozenges (chocolate flavored) - they are called chewables but I'm not sure how anyone could chew them! They taste OK. I ordered them from Vitalday and they were $29 for 180 tablets. I take 2 a day so it works out to just over $10 a month with shipping. I find them easier because I can pop two in my mouth after lunch and I'm all done. I would never take enough of the others if I had to take them 3 times a day! Elizabeth
Sondra J. S.
on 5/18/06 5:52 am - Show Low, AZ
HI, I use Caltrate 600 Pluse chewable calcium, that's what both the surgeon and the diatection recomended to me, but I'm thinking about these chocolate mint and chocolate fudge ones, those sound pretty good, other than these big round ones, lol.... Sondra, 315/258/150 57lbs. gone for good!!!!
Darlene X
on 5/18/06 5:59 am - Maricopa, AZ
I tried the one's your talking, but they were way too chalky and blah for me!! Seriously go get the Citracal Creamy Chews and give them a try!! SOOO GOOD! LOL Your twin, Darlene
Melissa P.
on 5/18/06 7:38 am - Aurora, IL
I had to get rid of those too. I had to take them for a while, because my surgeon did not want me taking the chews right away. Thank God I can take the chews now! I hated the chalky taste.
* Icemama *.
on 5/18/06 7:56 am - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Thanks Ladies on my way to the store now!
Katie M.
on 5/18/06 7:14 am - East Petersburg, PA
I bought those and thought they were awful! (kindof like sucking on chalk)Let me know if you want them, I'll gladly send them to you! Katie
Katie M.
on 5/18/06 7:15 am - East Petersburg, PA
Whoops, I was responding about the bariatric advantage chocolate lozenges. Must have pressed the wrong reply button. Sorry! Katie
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/06 7:58 am - AZ
I'd love them Katie. Email me at [email protected]. I'll gladly send you a check, including shipping!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views