Has anyone felt like this

Nancy V.
on 5/17/06 8:14 am - Wilmington, CA
Since Saturday I've been getting this almost nervous feeling, u know when something bad happens your heart drops and beats 60 miles per hour along with that my hands are trembling pretty bad! I'm not really feeling anxiety, just a nervous feeling. Its been happening daily. I've scheduled an appt with my Doc for tomorrow but I was jsut wondering if anyone was having any similar symptoms. ~Nancy 267/237/145
Darlene X
on 5/17/06 9:29 am - Maricopa, AZ
I can't say I have... Im a high stress/anxiety kind of person, always have been, but since surgery Ive been mostly fine. Let us know how your appt goes and whats going on! Darlene -67lbs
Tina K
on 5/17/06 10:58 am - Central, NY
((Hugs)) Nancy - I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I've not had any problems but I really hope that your doctor will be able to get to the bottom of things. Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/261.5/140
Melissa P.
on 5/17/06 11:06 am - Aurora, IL
How old are you. You look pretty young. A lot of women in their 20's develop a panic disorder. My sister did, and she does the same thing. Before she got on her Paxil (meds), she got really bad. She would panic for no reason. After it was over, she would not even know what set it off. Just an idea... believe it or not, she is now a psycologist, and said about 45% of women in their 20's get this, and it goes away, and can be controlled by meds.
Beckers
on 5/17/06 12:22 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Nancy- I think Melissa might be right, you might be having panic attacks. They come on for no apparent reason, and make your heart drop in your chest and beat fast. I know because I used to have them (they started in my 20's). For me, they seemed to be worst when there were a lot of changes happening in my life. I think its the feeling of "lack of control" of things, and deep-set fears... We have ALL been through a big life change!! This surgery has caused us to all face our biggest life-long issue: being overweight. We are changing daily now... it can be both exciting and scary... I am 37 now, and haven't had them for several years. They were worst in my 20's, and I only had a few happen in my young 30's, but by then I was aware of what was happening and had learned to control an "attack" when I felt the first signs. I never took medication, I was stubborn. I wanted to solve the problem (of WHY it was occurring). That's just how I handled it... but I know a lot of people who chose to use medication to control it. Don't feel embarrassed if the doctor says its panic (instead of a medical problem). I remember going to the doctor a few times, INSISTING there was something physically wrong, and being sent away with the "you're fine, you're just having panic attacks" speech. If you want to talk to me, feel free to email me Hopefully Melissa and I are wrong, and it was a blood sugar issue or something Not that that would be better... Let us know how you're doing, because we care! Rebecca M. 269/221/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views