Question About Calories

rowEn
on 5/17/06 7:11 pm - Huntsville, AL
This was exactly what I was looking for this morning (can't sleep....in a hotel....nothing on TV at 4am!) I'm getting anywhere between 350-800 calories a day. My dr is pretty anti-protein shakes, so I haven't had very many. I am working out 4-5 days a week at Curves, and though he wants me to add another 15-20 minutes to my workout, that is just impossible until I'm back home in Alabama (end of June? Early July?) Haven't had to see a Nut, but that wasn't part of the post-op (all that was done before), so I'm sorta just floating along trying to stay as close to the "meat first, veggies second, everything else third" rule. I'm also consolidating a lot of different replies into this one post, so forgive me Yeah, I've made some bad food choices down here. The good thing is that I know they are bad choices and I can't eat nearly the volume I would if I'd had made that same choice before surgery. I've also made some great food choices, and those help me stay sane and not want to jump into the nearest can of pringles! I'm also not going to beat myself up as far as numbers on the scale. At just over 2 months out I've lost almost 45 pounds. I've already lost enough that clothes I was wearing just prior to surgery fell off of me, and clothes I couldn't wear prior to surgery are all getting waaaaaaaay loose now. At Curves yesterday it was weigh/measure day. I'd lost 13 pounds, 8 of that body fat, and, most importantly, FOURTEEN inches! (bonus here...NO loss from the boobs! hehehe) I'm OK with that. To hit a goal of losing 100 pounds by the end of the year I'd have to lose about 2 pounds per week now. In another 2.5 months I'm going to fly to Vegas with my husband and know that I'll be at least 50-75 pounds lighter than I was when I was there in February...and that thought still blows me away some days. Some days my head has no problem keeping up with the weight loss, and other days it is the same 275 pounds. I wish that reverse anorexia (thinking I look way better than I do! was a joke with my best girlfriend) would kick back in most days, because it helps me to see that I really AM losing weight and getting healthier. I need to have a co-worker take some pictures of me and perhaps post a better side/side comparison. Anyway, that is enough rambling at 4am. You all are doing so wonderful and I just want you to know that. I'm going to go hop in the shower and head to work early.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views