Question About Calories

deesa
on 5/16/06 9:36 am - Moore, ID
I know everyone must be so sick of questions about calories. A few weeks back you were having a discussion about how many calories you all were eating. I was just wondering if you would please let me know *again* how many you were eating. I know some of you said you were going to call your nutritionists, and see what they had to say. I would really appreciate knowing. I had surgury March 6th. I sometimes forget this board is here. I am eating around 500-600 calories a day. I live quite far away from the nutritionist that I have to see, and she isn't returning my phone calls. UUUG! So far I have lost 54 pounds and I am 38 pounds from goal. Yea! I just wanted to know if I was in the ball park. Thanks, Seven
MsKeara
on 5/16/06 9:43 am - Baldwin, WI
Hi Seven, I also don't have a dietician at the moment and had to ask what everyone is eating. Right now, I am eating between 600-800 calories per day. I'm 6 1/2 weeks out. On the days I go to the gym, I try to get an extra 100 calories of mostly carb heavy foods (80-100g of carbs). It gives me the energy to get through my workouts, work, school and kids when I get home. MsKeara
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/16/06 9:54 am - My Town, NH
Hiya Seven. I had surgery the day after you and I am consuming around 700 calories per day. My nutritionist would like me to be at 800 by four months out and at 1,000 by 8 or 10 months out. Hope that helps. You're doing so well. Congratulations on all of your success! - Stephanie
Nadine O.
on 5/16/06 10:49 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this, but if you go on fitday.com you can track your coleries for the day. Nadine O.
timsdanni
on 5/16/06 12:04 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
WOW girlie you are doing great on weight loss!! I am still 140 from goal I am doing 900-1000 cals a day, 110-130 grams of protien and today my nut added 20 grams of fiber. I am taking lots of vits. and working out lots. drinking 3 protien shakes a day plus some food hope this helps danni 372/312/170
Tina K
on 5/16/06 12:44 pm - Central, NY
Excellent weight loss girl!! Way to go! I'm 2 months post op and I'm getting around 600 calories on a good day. Hope that helps! Tina 315/261.5/140 http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com
Melissa P.
on 5/16/06 9:38 pm - Aurora, IL
Mine told me that I had to get in 800-1000 calories to prevent my body from going into starvation mode. I started eating more, and broke the stall. She was right. She said that if I can't eat that much, to drink some juice. It will help get the rest of the calories in.
timsdanni
on 5/17/06 12:34 am - Ft Stewart, GA
gee I feel like a pig! after reading what others are eating/calories but I am losing 5-7 pounds a week so I am going to keep on eating and drinking like I have been seven did you get an answer you were looking for in all of these? it seems to be very individule - I eat more but work out a LOT. others eat less work out some, some don't work out yet, some work out more than me I guess. danni
Darlene X
on 5/17/06 1:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im at about 500-600 calories a day. I don't do protein shakes (I can't stand them)--- which is where a lot of people get their calories from. My Nutritionist wants us eventually at 1000-1200 calories... but she is talking like 4-5 months out. Right now at around 600 calories I am where my nutritionist wants me to be. Darlene
Rilabie_Chime
on 5/17/06 4:02 am - Littlerock, CA
with the protien shakes I get in between 800 - 1000 calories a day, I've found I'm losing better with slightly higher calorie count, especially for the 5 days a week that I work out. If I just throw a little peanut butter and or a few almonds in there on top of the protien shakes it isn't hard at all for me to get to the 900 - 1000 range.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views