Back from my check up....

Darlene X
on 5/16/06 5:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
It's not quite a 2 month check up, 8 weeks yesterday but 2 months is coming up fast. Im -67lbs woo hoo. I talked to my surgeon about how rapid Im losing and he is not worried at all. I was a little worried because Ive surpassed some people at support group who are 3-4 months out. After the horrible time I had with cramps during my period, he is going to prescribe me some celebrex (Used in athritis, pain reliever type thing-- similar to the effects of IBProfen), he said that won't hurt my pouch or cause ulcers..... I needed strong doses of midol and IBProfen prior to surgery so he deffinately doesn't want me taking that for my cramps. I had some dizzy/faint spells this weekend.. he wants me to up my salt intake slightly, and thinks I may be slightly anemic because of all the blood lost with my horrible long heavy period. Otherwise Im doing great I have to get some blood work done before my next appointment which is in 3 months time. Darlene 338/271/170
Tina K
on 5/16/06 7:42 am - Central, NY
Great work Darlene! I'm glad that everything is going so well for you. Hope that medicine helps with your cramps. Hugs, Tina 315/261.5/140
cathelewis
on 5/16/06 8:59 am
67 lbs is fabulous!!! Just a word of warning about Celebrex...I was on it for several years for pain in my hands...one of the side effects can be constipation. But it is a great pain medication and it definitely works. Cathe
MsKeara
on 5/16/06 9:36 am - Baldwin, WI
Wow Darlene... you are doing great. Kudos to you! MsKeara
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/16/06 9:43 am - My Town, NH
Congratulations Darlene on 67 pounds gone forever! Great job! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views