Two months today & first time sick post op!

Tina K
on 5/15/06 12:37 pm - Central, NY
Today I'm 2 months post op! I'm so thrilled with my decision to have WLS and I'm thrilled with my results so far. But I caught a cold over the weekend while in New Hampshire and ugh, I want to eat even less than normal. I've managed two slices of deli roast beef and a cup of veggie beef soup. It's not that it didn't go down well, it's just that when my head is stuffed up nothing tastes right. Combine that with the fact I don't much care to eat anyway and you've got a lousy intake day. And I weak at the store today and got Oreos. I ate 3. They tasted wonderful, which is strange considering nothing else is good today. And I was satisfied. Eh! Just kind of in a funk today. How did anyone else handle their first post op cold? I know Darlene was slammed with strep not long ago. Did you want to eat? Hugs everyone, Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/263/140
timsdanni
on 5/15/06 9:44 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I haven't been sick yet but I do know that lack of zinc is one of the things that makes it easyer for you to get sick - so even if you aren't eating take your vits. take em with protien shakes and skip food if you want to. that might help. how about some old fashoin chicken soup from scratch. make it with lots of root veggies heavy on garlic and add some ginger to it. making sure your chicken is cut up not stringy and add celery, carrots, potoatoes (just one maybe)turnips, parsnips - anything that grows under ground is what I was taught is good for you. make a big pot and sip on it all day - it is comfort food and it has good vits in it for you to get you healthyer hugs danni
Tina K
on 5/16/06 4:13 am - Central, NY
Thanks Danni! I am taking my supplements because I actually do want to drink. I've also been having two protein chai's a day so that's good as well. The warm tea feel so good on my sore throat. Yummy, that chicken soup sounds so wonderful! I think I might have to run to the store and get everything I need to make it. Right after my nap. Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/261.5/140
Darlene X
on 5/15/06 10:43 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Yup I was sick... and nope, I didn't want to eat anything. I was the same way, I'd make something thatI thought might be ok... take 2 bites and throw it out cause it tasted blahhh. I struggled big time with eating for that week.... I have no answer's LOL. The only one thing that tasted of was some SF pudding.
Tina K
on 5/16/06 4:16 am - Central, NY
Thanks Darlene. I've got tons of boxes of SF pudding. I'll have to make a few tonight. Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/261.5/140
Courtney B.
on 5/16/06 8:55 am - Lancaster, CA
I just got over a chest cold, or whatever it was. Went straight to my lungs and stayed there for 3 weeks. I took Nyquil (I know, a no-no, but...) and then got some Vicodin cough syrup from my mom. I didnt want to eat either, but kept on trucking. I didnt go to Curves for 3 weeks and actually lost more weight in thos 3 weeks than I did the 3 weeks previous! Go figure. I was drinking tons of water and am finally better. Hope you feel better soon. Courtney HW 271/ SW 254/ CW 223/GW 135 My current weight was on my surgeversary date, the 3rd. I have decided NO MORE WEIGHING WEEKLY!
Tina K
on 5/16/06 8:59 am - Central, NY
Uh oh! Nyquil is a no no??? I've taken Nyquil pills for the past two nights. EEK! Tina
Courtney B.
on 5/16/06 10:37 am - Lancaster, CA
Nyquil has alcohol and I was told to stay away from alcohol for 1 year post op. Courtney HW 271/ SW 254/ CW 223/GW 135 My current weight was on my surgeversary date, the 3rd. I have decided NO MORE WEIGHING WEEKLY!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views