parmesan crackers

timsdanni
on 5/14/06 10:52 am - Ft Stewart, GA
my mom sent me this I havn't tried it yet but am thinking tomorrow sounds like a good day to try it -will have to borrow a cookie sheet all I have is stone wear and I am NOT trying to flex my stones Danni Thought this might be something that you would like to try. It would be a crispy thing to eat, with protein. Parmesan Crackers Shredded Parmesan cheese (Not grated cheese. You can shred your own or you can use the mass-produced kind that comes in a bag. Both make a fine cracker.) Olive oil to spray the pan Pepper or cayenne to season crackers (optional) Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Take out a cookie sheet and spray it with olive oil spray. Spray lightly so crackers are not greasy. Scoop a heaping tablespoon full of the shredded cheese from the bag and place it on the cookie sheet. Place the next mound near it but leave about an inch or more all around so when the crackers spread a bit during baking, they won't run into each other. Bake approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until the crackers are golden yellow and even a slight tinge of light brown on the top or edge. Remove from oven and let cool for just a minute on the counter. The only tricky part is getting them off the cookie sheet. You want to let them "set up," but you don't want to leave them until they are completely cool and and they become difficult to remove from the sheet and you might break them in the process (pieces still taste good though). Use a thin spatula to slide under the crackers and remove them to a surface to keep cooling. I've seen this recipe performed by complete "non-cooks" who wanted to help me in the kitchen. You should see how proud they are of themselves when they taste their product. You can sprinkle on the pepper or cayenne before you bake to make zippier crackers. I'd make them plain the first batch so you can taste test before deciding if you want to add seasoning. Most times I make them plain because the flavor of the baked Parmesan is so intense it really doesn't need any more embellishment.
alaskanbat
on 5/14/06 4:55 pm - Wasilla, AK
I'm guessing you use regular saltine crackers for this? About how many crackers does it take? Thanks! I am always looking for new recipes that the kids can try to make! Patti
timsdanni
on 5/14/06 9:32 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
you don't use crackers - the parmesan makes the crackers so they are pure protien (well protien and fat since we are useing cheese )
alaskanbat
on 5/15/06 5:45 am - Wasilla, AK
AHA! NOW I get it... sorry about that. That's even better! I guess I didn't understand and thought it just made regular crackers flavored!
Lauren003
on 5/15/06 11:55 am - , NC
These sound so good! When I was telling my mom about them she said that she makes them with sharp cheddar. I didn't even know! That's what those Just The Cheese "crackers" are but I bet these would be even better and cheap!
~ Stylz ~
on 5/15/06 2:02 pm - North of Boston, MA
these things are delish! I add a little garlic powder (love garlic) and cayenne pepper. They're great when you need a crunch just store them in an air tight container!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views