Are we allowed to eat nuts? (not nutritionists!! ;-))

Beckers
on 5/13/06 2:57 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
I'm almost SURE that Kaiser (my HMO) had said (during our many months of torturous training to qualify for the surgery) we can't eat nuts after the surgery (walnuts, almonds, cashews, etc.) but I can't remember why I've looked through my paperwork and I can't see anything stating "no nuts"... Is anyone eating them? They are low carb and have protein... and we've been eating peanut butter, so why not other nuts? Rebecca M. 269/224/150
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/13/06 5:17 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Rebecca. I eat nuts all the time. I love them! My nutritionist recommends them for a crunchy snack instead of chips, etc. I've eaten cashews, almonds and walnuts thus far. My favorite is the small cans of Planters Chashew Lovers. I can't recall which nuts are in them but the small cans last me for a long time. I figure that as I am often "nuts", that I should be able to eat them as well! - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 5/14/06 12:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
The only thing with nuts is they are pretty high in calories... So further out... they could be a staller, or reason not to lose if your eating too many... Right now, I don't see any reason why not...
timsdanni
on 5/14/06 12:27 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I eat almonds all the time - about half an ounce at the time. they also have a decent amound of fiber no idea what my nut said about it honestly LOL I eat them, they taste good, satisify a craving and help my lower end behave better so I say GO FOR IT just mesure them don't eat them out of a jar or can or you may end up with too many calories oh and chew chew chew Danni 372/314/170
Melissa P.
on 5/15/06 12:17 am - Aurora, IL
Mu nut reccomends nuts. Cashews are high in clories, but almonds and walnuts are the best.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views