waht to order at a steak house? help please

timsdanni
on 5/12/06 12:17 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
I am going out for the first time with other than close friends and family next wed. I need ideas for what to order from a steak house? do I just order the smallest steak they have and plan to eat on it for 3 days? a cup of soup and pray I like it? bring a protien shake and just not order? HELP!!! a lot of times I order stuff and don't like it and end up eating off my guys (hubby and sons) plates and feeding what I ordered to the bottomless pit - also known as my oldest son this is a group of woman I have worked with for a long time and but I am not really close to any of them but it is a good bye dinner. thanks for any ideas Danni 372/315/170
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/12/06 12:23 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Danni. Is it a chain steakhouse? Often at steakhouses, they will offer grilled shrimp of some sort. That might work. Otherwise I would go for a petite filet or maybe a salad that has chicken or steak on it. Good luck and enjoy eating out with your colleagues! I've eaten out several times recently and discovered that it was more about the company and less about the food. - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 5/12/06 11:38 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I would stick with things youve eaten before... just to be safe... Fish, shrimp, lobster, salads w/ protein.... if youve eaten steak and it goes down fine then go for that... Do you know what place your going to? Maybe we can get their menu online and help you make some choices... I like to always look at the menu before going out so I can pre-select some good choices for myself. Darlene
~ Stylz ~
on 5/13/06 4:10 am - North of Boston, MA
hi Danni, if they have a website, take a look at the menu and the nutritional information. Thats always helped me decide what I want even before I get there! tomorrow we are going to the Texas Roadhouse they have a fillet medallion plate which is 3 fillets that total 9oz (perfect little 3 oz steaks for 3 meals) it comes with 2 sides 1 will be green beans the other a cup of chili. I'll have 1 fillet and some veggies. The rest of my meal and the chili I'll ask to take home! good luck
Beckers
on 5/13/06 2:47 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Today I went to Applebee's with my hubby. He ordered steak and lobster cakes, and he ADDED a shrimp skewer to his meal for $4.99. I ordered a small dinner salad w/ ranch dressing and no croutons. I ate most of the salad and 4 shrimps off the skewers (there were 4 other shrimps left for my hubby). It worked out well My only struggle (still) is watching my hubby sip on Iced Tea before/during/after his meal and me drinking NOTHING No, I don't like that... I miss iced tea!! Rebecca 269/224/150
~ Stylz ~
on 5/14/06 9:03 am - North of Boston, MA
I was the same way.. watching people drink during meals drives me crazy! it makes me watch the clock til my time is up and I can finally sip! I went to Texas Roadhouse with the family for mothers day and had fillet medallions with green beans, chili and a side ceasar salad. I had 1 of the 3 medallions (3oz beef) and 1/2 of the salad, brought the rest home and will have over the next couple days..
cathelewis
on 5/14/06 9:34 am
At restaurants, I usually try to order fish, since it is easy to eat and generally agrees with me. I've also had good luck ordering chili, or a shrimp ****tail appetizer. You can usually get one of these items at a steakhouse. If you haven't eaten steak yet, it might not be a good idea to try it now. I have successfully eaten a couple of tiny bites of steak, but got scolded by my nutritionist. She said it was too soon, and steak can get stuck very easily. In this situation, I would order whatever they have that I know will agree with me, because you don't want to get sick in front of your coworkers! Cathe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views