Hello? (Echo Echo)

Darlene X
on 5/11/06 5:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
Where is everyone? This board has been dead so far today, and Im sooo bored at work!!! Chime in and say hello if your out there? Any recipes you want? Im boreddddddd lol Darlene
Nancy V.
on 5/11/06 5:42 am - Wilmington, CA
I feel you....I'm super bored with nothing to do!!! I'm falling asleep! How much longer do you have? ~Nancy
Darlene X
on 5/11/06 7:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
3 hours left *sigh* I have some sporadic work to do, but it's not very busy so Im wasting time mostly.
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/06 5:47 am - AZ
Hellooooooooo Darlene! I've had back to back meetings since 8:30 this morning and my next one doesn't start for 15 minutes. Thursday is meeting day. Ugh! I don't need any recipes but I did make the crock pot salsa chicken on Sunday. I added half a jar of jalepenos and the juice to the recipe (I love spicy food) and it was fantastic. I served it to some friends and they loved it as well! Hope your afternoon isn't as boring as the morning, Elizabeth
Darlene X
on 5/11/06 7:05 am - Maricopa, AZ
We love spicy too! Im gonna try that when I make it again. I have to wait till Monday, pay day and get some food in the house! LOL
Melissa P.
on 5/11/06 6:07 am - Aurora, IL
My boss has kept me busy today. Doesn't he know that I have posts to read? I am here now.
Darlene X
on 5/11/06 7:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
How rude!!! I think you need to find a new job where you can post to us all day LOL
timsdanni
on 5/11/06 6:07 am - Ft Stewart, GA
hey girls - I am just chilling at home - suppose to be laundry, errand and house cleaning day - ummm 2 out of 3 ok? laundry is almost done - one last load to put on the line and jeans left out there everything else is in and folded and mostly put away - all the errands run. we got hubbys bonus and I PAYED OFF THE CREDIT CARDS TODAY!!!!! can you tell I am excited LOL sucking on food and water today - got up late got one protien shake in, one bottle of water during pilates decided I am hungry will eat 1.5 oz gordons frozen fish - ummm WRONG answer city here for 3 hours so not only have I not had food in today - I am like only on bottle 3 of water at 2 pm instead of bottle 5 grrrrr at self. I think I just ate the fish to fast. recipe ideas with a pound of hamberger? it is thawed and I shoud cook tonight since last night I fed my family at the food court at the px while ordering my 12 yos bday cake. I have plenty of time so I could accually cook something - I have an open can of cream of chicken too b/c i wanted cream of mushroom yesterday and opened the wrong can LOL danni 372/318/170 I want a 200 in there soonest
Darlene X
on 5/11/06 7:21 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't know what else you have in the house but this is one of my favorites (If 1lb is all you have then you could halve it, it makes a lot) MIXED UP CASSEROLE 2 lbs of lean ground beef 1/2 cup onion, chopped 1/2 tsp garlic powder 6 oz. can of tomato paste 8 oz of fat free sour cream 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese 16 oz. of Jack cheese, shredded 1 4 oz can of mild green chilies, chopped 1 can of Ro-tels, undrained 1/4 cup black olives, chopped (optional) DIRECTIONS: *Pre-heat oven to 350. *Cook beef until browned. Drain and set aside. *In the same pan the beef was cooked in, add onion, garlic powder, Ro-tels, tomato paste, and olives. Cook over low heat until the onion is clear. *In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, cottage cheese and chilies. *In a larger mixing bowl, combine the meat, the sour cream and cottage cheese mixture. Add half of the cheese quantity, and mix slightly. *Pour mixture (Layer of each) into a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Cover with remaining cheese. *Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. ------------------------------------------ Stuffed Peppers Casserole 1 lb. ground beef 2 Tbls. chopped onion 1/3 cup chopped green pepper 1 cup cooked rice (brown) 1 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. garlic (2) 8 oz. cans tomato sauce (no sugar added) 3 med. green peppers - sliced lengthwise ( I am going to use yellow, red, or orange). 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese -Brown meat, onion, and chopped peppers in skillet, stirring occasionally.-Drain off fat.-Stir in rice, salt, garlic, and 1 can of tomato sauce; heat through.-Spray a 9" X 9" X 3" baking pan with cooking spray and line with 1/2 the sliced peppers.-Pour half of meat mixture over peppers.-Layer remaining sliced peppers on top of meat mixture.-Pour remaining meat mixture on top.-Pour remaining tomato sauce over meat mixture.-Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.-Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.-Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes. ----------------------------------------------------- Six-Layer Taco Salad 1 lb. extra lean ground beef 1/2 tsp. each ground cumin, garlic salt, ground red pepper (cayenne) 1 bag (10 oz.) torn romaine lettuce (about 10 cups) 1/2 cup Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, divided 1 large tomato, chopped (about 1 cup) 1/2 cup Four Cheese Mexican Style Cheese 1/2 cup green onion slices Brown meat with seasonings; drain. Place lettuce on large serving platter. (Or, divide evenly among 4 salad plates.) Drizzle half of the dressing evenly over lettuce; cover with layers of meat and tomatoes. Top with remaining dressing. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and onions. It was very FAST and EASY. You can also add avocados.
timsdanni
on 5/11/06 7:59 am - Ft Stewart, GA
all of those sound good LOL I ended up making something called dr. martins mix - you cook hamberger or saug. with onion and celery and garlic, then toss in brown rice, barley and lentils and brown then and add enough water plus 1 cup to make the rice, barley and lentils (I use 2 cups total so add 7 cups water) and beef base - simmer with a lid on till tender - about 45 mins to an hour. when done stir in one to two cans cream of whatever soup and serve - very filling and decent nutitionally fyi lentils and barley are both way higher in protien and fiber than brown rice - I used to think brown rice was the BEST now I just know I like it best LOL danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views