Easy Protein Breakfast Ideas.

Darlene X
on 5/11/06 1:47 am - Maricopa, AZ
This is from Susan maria's website, figured this might be handy: 1. ½ cup part skim ricotta, with sugar free preserves 2. Wasa Flatbread crisp with ½ cup of cottage cheese, sprinkled with Splenda and cinnamon and broiled to heat 3. An omelet made with ½ cup Egg Beaters chive and cheese flavor w/ salsa on the side 4. I like a small serving of Quaker instant oatmeal, prepared as per directions with a pack of Splenda, a little carb countdown milk and a scoop of protein stirred in. 5. Homemade Oatmeal Muffins 3 cups oatmeal (quick cook or regular-whole - I personally use regular whole oats) 1 ¼ cups milk, light soy milk or carb countdown 2 eggs ½ cup oil 1 cup Splenda (use ½ cup if you add Protein powder as per variations) 2 teaspoons baking powder Pinch salt Mix everything together and put in cupcake tins (sprayed with Pam) Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Freeze them (after baking) and pull out as needed. Variations: When I make this recipe, I usually add a little more light soy milk and less oil, usually throw in some chopped nuts (whatever I have on hand). I also almost always add 4 scoops of protein powder as well. You can also add cinnamon or any other spice that floats your boat. This is just a base recipe ... you can add and delete as you choose. Watching the board the past few days has my mind reeling ... can you imagine chocolate oatmeal peanut butter muffins??? Or perhaps adding some applesauce or some chopped apples. Perhaps even some blueberries or blackberries. YUM 6. Packaged Jimmy Dean omelet 7. One egg, over medium, "fried" in butter flavored PAM, topped with a slice of 2% American cheese and chopped all together with a drop of hot sauce or a teaspoon of salsa. The runny yolk made it easy to get down and it was something I would have eaten pre op. 8. One half slice of toasted low carb bread, or half of a Wasa crisp with a smear of peanut butter and sugar free Nature's Hollow Wild Blueberry jam 9. Big Train Pancake with sugar free Steels maple syrup or Natures Hollow Sugar Free Blueberry 10. Peel a hard boiled egg & cover it with a couple of ounces of breakfast sausage, like Jimmy Dean that comes in the tube. Bake it at 350 for about 10 minutes until juices run clear & sausage is no longer pink. The sausage will shrink so the egg won't be completely covered when it's done. 11. Breakfast is my favorite! The Elite Buttercream toffee flavored protein on Susan Maria's site goes really well in oatmeal. My method: Place one packet plain instant oatmeal in bowl. Add 1/2 C boiling water and stir. Add Splenda to taste and 1/2 to 1 scoop of protein powder. Stir and enjoy. 12. 1/2 a cup of old fashioned Quaker oats with 1 scoop of pineapple vanilla protein powder 13. 1/2 a cup of Oat bran with 1 scoop of Protein Delite pineapple vanilla protein powder (better texture for when starting out) 14. Grits with shredded cheddar cheese 15. Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese 16. Vanilla Very Berry mixed into a packet of plain oatmeal for breakfast - success! (pretty tasty, too) Before this, I was using the weight control oatmeal, because it has more fiber and protein than the regular. However, the regular oatmeal actually has lower carbs, so with the protein powder mixed in, it seems like the better option. 17. I am a big Eggbeater fan. I'm not a big fan of cooking, but making an omelet is easy and quick - and with a non-stick pan it is pretty fast to clean up too. The great thing is how flexible it can be. I was visiting my parents the other day and used a small bit of leftover guacamole in my Eggbeater omelet with cheese - just a small amount, but the flavor was great. I'm a vegetarian, so I can't add meats, but a little bit of vegetarian chili is another great add-in for protein. 18. A cup of warm protein latte. Add a scoop of Matrix Vanilla protein and a scoop of Nectar Café Latte to a large mug. Add about ¼ cup of cold water to mug and blend with a spoon until smooth. Fill mug with hot but not boiling water for a Starbucks type milky vanilla Latte! 19. Protein Pudding. Make one package of Jell-o sugar free vanilla or chocolate instant pudding using 1% milk as per package directions. Whisk in three scoops of a complimentary flavor of Protein Delite. Chocolate pudding with Chocolate Coconut protein would be incredible. Vanilla Pudding with Almond Coconut Protein Delite would be delicious... also with vanilla, Vanilla Very Berry, Vanilla Pineapple, Banana Yogurt, Raspberry Yogurt... any flavor of Protein Delite or Isofruit Delite! 20. Heat two Brown and Serve sausages in the microwave, and dip in a little ranch dressing or salsa to moisten. 21. Finely chop one slice of deli ham, saute in a nonstick pan with a piece of butter the size of a lima bean. Add 1/2 cup of egg beaters and coo****il set then flip. 22. A 4 ounce cup of Stonyfield Plain Organic yogurt, open the foil, add a spoonful of sugar free preserves, and a heaping spoonful of Protein Delite fruit. I like strawberry and strawberry together! Delicious. I could eat this every day, and the 'real' yogurt is good at regulating your stomach and intestines! 23. A slice of cheese broiled on top of half a Wasa flatbread. I use the rye flavor as it has fewest carbs. 24. If you can find a low carb tortilla or flatbread. Toufayan is excellent. I will make a little ham and cheese quesadilla, using only 1/4 of the round tortilla or flatbread adding the cheese and a spoonful of salsa, folding it over, and grilling it on a hot nonstick skillet, pressing down lightly with the spatula. 25. Crack an egg into a little ceramic dish and prink the yolk. Add a spoonful of salsa from a jar and a spoonful of refried beans from a can and some shredded packaged jack cheese and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on 50% until softly cooked... about 60 seconds. Let sit for 30 seconds before removing wrap. 26. Ham and cheese roll ups! 27. An AchievOne coffee protein latte (20 gr protein)... or a Ready to Drink Extreme Smoothie (35g protein) or Ultimate Sensation (30g protein) canned drink. 28. SM's Protein Banana Nog drink... 1 c skim milk, 1 scoop Vanilla protein(Matrix or Elite, or IDS Vanilla Cinnamon) A 2 inch chunk of frozen Banana, pinch of nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract... and ice, pulsed in the blender... yum!
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/06 5:50 am - AZ
She forgot my current favorite: South Beach Diet (SBD) All American Breakfast Wraps. Directions: Remove wrap from freezer. Take wrap out of plastic bag, place in microwave for 1 minute and breakfast is ready.
Heather_O
on 5/11/06 6:08 am - WI
Hi Darlene Thanks for the ideas I don't like eating right away in the morning because I always seem to eat the samethings so some of these will be a nice change. If I remember correctly you said that you made a wls friendly cheesecake for your support group. If you did, could you please post the recipie so I can make it for my mom on mothers day. Thanks Heather
Darlene X
on 5/11/06 7:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't have that specific recipe with me right now. I'll get it, and post it tomorrow with some other cheesecake recipes too. Darlene
Heather_O
on 5/11/06 7:38 am - WI
Ok that sounds great I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the help Heather
timsdanni
on 5/11/06 6:14 am - Ft Stewart, GA
my fav is the quasidilla - I like to add a tiny bit of corn or choped onion. I also make breakfast burrittos for the family and then I can have half an egg and add lf cheese plus some salsa and it is yummmm cream of wheat made with milk with a tiny touch of butter is good - I don't do spleda or sugar and this is not bad with just butter I am talking 1/2 teaspoon or less danni who has an extra todler this afternoon who needs atentions so I am off here for a few
Tina K
on 5/11/06 11:50 am - Central, NY
Thanks for posting these Darlene. I'm really bad about breakfast so hopefully these will give me a few good ideas. It's tough because I really can't stand eggs. Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views