FRUIT

SoulSista
on 5/10/06 3:00 am - Boston, MA
do you guys eat fruit ?? I love watermelon and can eat a bunch in one sittting. what kinds of fruits are you all eating??
Tina K
on 5/10/06 3:24 am - Central, NY
I've had watermelon without a problem and you're right - you can eat a bunch in one sitting. Tried banana without a problem but only a little bit at a time. It's kind of dense and I seem to fill up pretty quickly on it. The other thing I tried was an orange but it was too much work. LOL I couldn't chew up the outside of the section well enough and ended up just eating the insides. If I'm going to have to work so hard at something I think I'll give shrimp a go! Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
jennb40
on 5/10/06 3:25 am - Nashua, NH
I have been a little hesitant about adding fruits, even though the nutritionist said I could. I have had 1/3 of a banana about 4 times, I have had about 4 bites of pineapple 2 different times. I tried a strawberry, but after about 3 bites...from the same strawberry...I could tell it wasn't settling well, so I quit eating them and decided to wait another month and try again. That is all I have tried so far - although now that it is getting closer to watermelon season in New England (well shipped in watermelon) I am anxious to try that for a snack...sounds good - wish I had some now! Barbara
Darlene X
on 5/10/06 3:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ive had apples, grapes, bananas, fresh pineapple, strawberries... umm thats all I can think of right now. I don't dump on fructose.... Fresh pineapple is an occasional treat cause its high in sugar. I don't ea****ermelon cause it doesn't fill you at all, its pretty much eating sugar water, and it has no fiber or anything good to it.... we had a talk about it last night at support group... it's hard cause at this stage it's so wet and good LOL
Tina K
on 5/10/06 3:27 am - Central, NY
Oh! I forgot to say canned peaches. In no sugar added syrup. Those are yummy! Tina
sngglnclos
on 5/10/06 3:47 am - sw burbs, MN
I have had watermelon and cantelope, both of which I chew and spit out the fiberous part My doc's office is okay with this. I do it mostly because I don't need that sitting in my pouch AND I've already gotten the juice and vitimans out of it anyway. Odd thought but works for me! I have also had the manderine oranges...yum!
sngglnclos
on 5/10/06 3:49 am - sw burbs, MN
oh and I forgot... huge grapes, I just peeled the skins off!
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/06 4:14 am - AZ
I've had grapes, strawberries, mixed frozen berries (Trader Joe's), banana, citrus slices, cantalope, mango, peaches, apples (no skin) and pears. I've had no problems with any of them. I find that I crave fruits but not the bad sweets that I used to! Elizabeth
Lauren003
on 5/10/06 4:16 am - , NC
Fruits make me nervous.. I've tried a banana in a protein shake once but I'm scared about tempting the sugar gods (demons?). Everyone else seems to eat them okay so maybe I'll get out of my comfort zone a bit..
timsdanni
on 5/10/06 5:55 am - Ft Stewart, GA
watermellon is good but I only have 1/2 a cup at the time - have had that 3 or 4 times (same watermellon LOL) grapes are great too - sometimes I eat the skin sometimes not just depends on how the first one sits in mr pouch apples are ok but I only can eat 1/8 or less so that anoys 1/3 of a bananna or 1/3 cup frozen blueberries make up for no sugar or sweetener in my high fiber ceral and blueberries are high fiber at that oh and cantalope was good to, mango did not apeal niether did kewi-just the wrong flavor to me that day danni 372/318/170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views