Emotionally better after GAINING this weekend

ScubaQueen
on 5/10/06 12:35 am - Corinth, TX
Thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement and support this weekend when I had been weighing too often and saw a three pound gain. Today marks 6 weeks now after my RNY. I have decided not to weigh but once a week, because it seems I cannot handle the natural swings that will occur. This morning I did weigh, and the scale said 258.9, which is a plateu now for about 2 weeks. I am resolved not to be discouraged. I will drink water, exercise, and get my protein and vitamins today. This plateau will pass and I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!! My fluff is rearranging even if the scales are not moving. I am trying to stay focused on the positive and enjoy my life. Carpe Diem!
jomamma
on 5/10/06 2:09 am - Palmdale, CA
I weigh once a week, and I rarely loose on a weekly basis. I lose about 2 pounds every two/three weeks. It kills me how slow I am losing BUT I am losing!! I know how you feel, but it will come off. Some of us are just a little slower at it than others!
Tina K
on 5/10/06 2:22 am - Central, NY
Good for you Polly!! I weigh once a week as well and so far it's worked well for me. And when I don't loose weight I really do see/feel a difference in the shape of my body. For instance, I have this ratty old bathrobe that used to belong to my grandmother. I've had it for years and it's one of the most comfortable things I own. Just prior to and the first week or so after surgery I could barely cover the front of myself with it. When I tied it there was less than an inch of belt left on either side. Every few weeks I've noticed that I am able to wrap it further and further around myself. Today I've got a good 4 or 5 inches of extra belt on either side. So I know my body is changing. Have you taken any measurements of yourself? Those can be very helpful when the scale is stalled. You measure and you can prove to yourself that things are still moving because your inches are going down. And you're right - ENJOY Life! Just about all the pain that I had prior to surgery is gone. So now I can actually do the simple things in life - like clean my house - and not hurt! Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views