Everyone Add an Update..

Jen W.
on 5/10/06 3:41 am - Minneapolis, MN
I JUST hit 299 today!! I'm quite proud of it, especially after a stall that lasted more than a couple of weeks. I started at 367 so in about 9 weeks I have lost 68 pounds. Walking in to work today I thought of it like this -- I lost a second grader already!! I'm starting to experiment with new foods -- like veggies. Tried to have some salad today and chewed, chewed, and chewed. I'm a little nauseous, but sure I am going to be o.k. Most food I do really well with and if I'm not going to be able to handle it I usually know within a bite or 2 and stop. I am just starting to get my protein in every day. My program doesn't approve of protein shakes (and they taste icky to me) AND I'm lactose intolerant when it comes to milk, but I can do cheeses. anyways, my goal is to get my water and protein in every day. It's getting easier, but I track everything on fitday.com to see what I'm eating and how much exercise I am getting. I seem to be on track, as far as I know. I don't go back to surgeon for another month I think. Looking forward (as much as you can) to my 30th b-day at the end of the month and the rest of the summer. Worked out in the yard all weekend and took our dog to the dogpark on Sunday and LOVED being so active.
sngglnclos
on 5/10/06 4:10 am - sw burbs, MN
How are you doing? I am doing great! I have so much more energy and can move easily, I even crossed my legs! been 6 longs years since that happened!! I am down 59.5 lbs since 3/17....this surgery is amazing! What are you working on right now? at work?? boring stuff!! Oh me?? I'm working on not eating so fast and getting more liquids. Do you have any concerns? I think I have started having the mood swings that come with the hormone released in the fat. Going to have to call the doc about this...sometimes its so bad I dont' even like myself! Are you on track? I think so, I need to walk on a consistant basis. Can we help somehow? Keep up the posting! Its great to see how everyone is doing! Are you happy? I am so damn happy!! I can move, breathe and live life so much easier now!!
Lauren003
on 5/10/06 4:38 am - , NC
How are you doing? Doing pretty well.. lost 60 pounds in 8 weeks, never could I have been able to touch that without this surgery. What are you working on right now? Exercise!! I need to get in gear. My exercise person has me increasing my walking time by 5 minutes every wee****il I get to 40 minutes then stay there for a while. That seems like *such* a long time. Do you have any concerns? Well, I guess I'm a little concerned that anything dense that I eat makes me nausious and queasy. I hope this doesn't last forever. Can we help somehow? Already are! Hearing from other nonjudgemental people who have had the same experiences and know where we're headed is worth all the tea in China. Are you happy? I have no reason to not be happy so I suppose this is a yes. Not feeling overflowing joy or anything but happy enough to keep on the path.
Beckers
on 5/10/06 10:28 am - Cottage Grove, OR
How am I doing? Great Except I have a bad urinary infection right now, and am taking antibiotics and trying to get lots of water in. I guess losing 44 pounds got my hubby excited, because he can't keep his hands off me What am I working on right now? Drinking more water, and still getting all my protein in. Avoiding stalls. Are you on track? Yes Can we help somehow? I love this messageboard. Are you happy? Yes Rebecca M. 269/225/150
BabyRuth2u
on 5/10/06 12:40 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
How are you doing? Overall doing great. Total loss of 75 lbs since Feb 14. Have lost 51lbs since surgery on March 24th. What are you working on right now? Trying to eat more food. Not always going well, but do get a little in more some meals, or try something different. But not going as well as I'd like. I think maybe I think I should be eating more, but for less than 2 months out, maybe this is enough. I see the doc next week for my nex appt. Need to drink more water, so need to work on that. Do you have any concerns? Eating enough. I don't think it's hurting me, I'm not starving, I'm not hungry, so guess it's ok. Are you on track? I think I am on track. Keeping busy, when not working, I am either out walking, exercising at the gym or we are working in our yard. There doesn't seem to be any more coming home from work, plopping down in front of the computer or on the couch and just doing not much of anything. It's always moving, busy busy busy! Can we help somehow? You do every day! Are you happy? VERY! This has been an amazing journey so far.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views