Everyone Add an Update..

Darlene X
on 5/9/06 10:56 pm - Maricopa, AZ
How are you doing? What are you working on right now? Do you have any concerns? Are you on track? Can we help somehow? Are you happy?
Melissa P.
on 5/9/06 11:46 pm - Aurora, IL
How are you doing? I think I am doing ok. I lose, then stall, and then lose again. What are you working on right now? Getting in all of my protein, and clories. The calories are hard, and my nut said I need to work on it, because that is why I stall. Do you have any concerns? I still have times when I think I will fail. Are you on track? I think so. Can we help somehow? Keep doing what youare doing! Are you happy? I am happy. 30 pounds is a lot of weight, and I am glad it is gone.
timsdanni
on 5/9/06 11:50 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
How are you doing? - great down 54 pounds as of this morning What are you working on right now? keeping a good routien for working ou****er, fiber and vits. working out on a resonable basis - my arobics instuctor told me to slow down or I would burn out. so now I am aiming for mwfs arobics, t th eliptical or walk with hubby (when he is home those mornings) with abs at night at curves. plus upper body and pilates when I need to work out to not eat Do you have any concerns? getting enough fiber is a big one for me right now - I am good on protien (thank you Lord for a protien shake I can drink ) but lack of fiber has made quite a few miserable times in the restroom Are you on track? - I think so. Sat I wil be 2 months post op and I am down 42 pounds post op - 54 total. hope the doc agrees with me next week Can we help somehow? I LOVE and NEED all the support on this group - it is so great everyone is there even when they are having issues of their own Are you happy? as can be!!!!!!! Danni 372/318/170 can't wait to see a 2# in there in the middle. the 300s
SoulSista
on 5/10/06 12:06 am - Boston, MA
I am finally doing better (read my profile ) making exercise a part of my life I notice that I get hungry that empty stomach feeling and I doing like that aslo I don't think I eat enough, and still haven't found a protien yet that I like. see doc on may 25 so we will see then this is a very helpful board been lurking for sometime I had posted right before my surgery but this my first post as a post op yes finally I can say that
Angela S.
on 5/10/06 12:43 am - St. Ann, MO
How are you doing? I am down 67lbs. total since the first of the year, 52 since my surgery on March 1st. What are you working on right now? I no for a fact I am not getting enough protien, I have not found a protien supplement I like yet. And vitamins, all I am getting is my B12 in I really need to work on these two things. Do you have any concerns? Just about the protien and vitamins. Are you on track? I think so, I have been working out at Curves 3 to 4 times a week to add to my weight loss. Can we help somehow? This board is a huge help, keep it up. Are you happy? Happier than I have been in years!
Katie M.
on 5/10/06 1:36 am - East Petersburg, PA
How are you doing? OK I think, worried that I don't seem to be able to get in as much food compared to others that have a similiar surgery date (I know, I know, Everyone is different, but there are times, I can only get in a few bites.) Surgeon thinks I may have a slight stricture (go for endoscopy on May 31) What are you working on right now? I can't ever seem to get in enough water. i'd like to have an IV, please. (ha ha) today I WILL get it all in! Do you have any concerns? Is is really a stricture or am I just eating too much,too fast!? I really don't want to have the endoscopy if it's not a stricture! Are you on track? I've lost 40 pounds and am feeling more energetic. My incisions are finally all mostly healed. I just need to get going on an exercise program. (have been walking every day for exercise for now.) Can we help somehow? This board is great for comraderie, commiseration, and accountability. Keep posting how you're all doing! Are you happy? Yes, It was a good decision. (I come here to remind myself this when my office mates are passing around Dove chocolates and brownines - chocolate is my downfall!)
jannineh99
on 5/10/06 1:58 am - Melrose, MA
How are you doing? I am doing good..I went to my support group last night and got the ok to start eating solids...but with the approval is strong caution and a statement of not to hurry out of the pureed and soft food stages. What are you working on right now? My protein and water it seems on the days that I get 60g of protein I get less water and the days I get the 60oz of water I only get about 1/2 of the protein.... Do you have any concerns? Yes...cheese products seem to constipate me and I love cheese....but gonna talk with the nut and the surgeon at my appointment about that.... Are you on track? I beleive I am...have not had any stalls...thank you Jesus...and I still have all of my hair....lol... Can we help somehow? Keep doing what you are doing...I mentioned this website at my meeting last night and encouraged people to use it it is a wonderful tool and I can honestly say that I consider everyone out here my friends...the amount of support that anyone can receive out here is wonderful and comforting...I know that at any point and time I can log on and no matter my mood someone out here can help me and make me feel better.... Are you happy? Yes..ahh lets see...I have gone from 357 to 286....ahh yes I am deleriously happy and not with just my weight loss...with finding my hips again, being able to buckle the seatbelt on the passenger side of the car, wash my feet in the shower, I actually got to take a bath in my tub...and I did not get stuck....I got rid of 2 trash bags of clothes this weekend and this weekend at church...my own sister did not recognize me...that makes me deleriously happy....
chozen V.
on 5/10/06 2:01 am - st louis, MO
How am i doing? pretty good so far What are you working on right now? trying to break this stall i been on for almost three weeks now. Do you have any concerns? just wondering if the scale will ever move Are you on track? i think so i'm doing everything i'm supposed to be doing Can we help somehow? just tell me if this stall is normal because i'm begining to think my tool is broke,even though people say this is normal i'm feeling a little discouraged Are you happy? for the most part yes
Tina K
on 5/10/06 2:05 am - Central, NY
How are you doing? I think I'm doing pretty good! What are you working on right now? Getting all my protein and my liquid in on the SAME DAY! I can get one but not the other. *sigh* I'm also working on figuring out exactly how much I can eat at any given sitting. There is nothing that could have prepared me for this, that's for sure. That and exercise. I don't do any and I know I really, really should! Do you have any concerns? Hmm, not really. I look and feel healthy. I eat and I drink. I only throw up when I'm being stupid. Are you on track? Yeah, I believe that I am. I'm 7 weeks out today and I'm down 40.5 pounds since surgery and 46.5 from my higest recorded weight. Can we help somehow? As everyone else has said, keep doing what we're doing here. I much prefer the March 2006 board over the main message board. It's easier to create a family feeling with the smaller number of people. So what if there are only a few new posts every day. Every one of those posts is responded to with warmth and support. Do we have a daily exercise thread? I think we need one of those. Maybe if I did one every day it'd motivate me to get off my butt and at least walk! Are you happy? I am thrilled! This was an excellent decision for me and I don't regret it for a second. Next step, see about getting off my Lexapro! Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/06 2:32 am - AZ
Hi everyone! How are you doing? I'm doing great. Today I'm wearing a dress that I bought about 18 months ago and then never wore because I gained weight. Everyone keeps telling me how cute I look in it! I'm down 47 pounds and anxiously waiting to reach the 50 pound mark. What are you working on right now? I'm working on getting all my calories in. Some days I still really struggle. I'm great with protein and rarely have to do protein drinks, but on bad days I will supplement with a protein bar to get an extra 200 calories in. I'm doing really well with the gym and I think I'm actually starting to like exercising (who knew?). I'm getting to work earlier so that I can leave and get to the gym earlier. Do you have any concerns? I had my first blood draw on Friday and I'm waitiing to hear back from my surgeon's office. I'm hoping I don't have any deficencies! That's my main concern right now. Are you on track? I think I'm on track and my surgeon thinks so too. I feel great and the scale is moving the right direction. Can we help somehow? Just keep doing what you have all been doing. I love the March board! Are you happy? Happy as a clam! I feel better than I have in years. I feel like I have taken charge of my health and I'm finally having some success! Elizabeth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views