Healthy Brownies.....

alaskanbat
on 5/9/06 6:43 am - Wasilla, AK
I made a recipe with protein powder to take to our protein potluck last night. We really enjoyed these and I thought I would share the recipe. Instead of posting it here, I will put a link to it. I have it on my site. In fact you are all welcome to visit the site. It is my family MSN group and I have a section there for my WLS... including links, recipes, and my online journal. I would love to have some of my online support group friends pop in and visit. It is NOT a commercial site and NOT selling anything. (just for info). The recipe link is: http://groups.msn.com/delanoclan/wlshealthydessertsampsnacks.msnw?action=view_list&row=0&v iewtype=2&sortstring= It was even approved by my 6 year old. The only thing I did was add a tiny dolop of FF cool whip on top. Hope you like! Patti
sparkles
on 5/9/06 6:48 am - North Richland Hills, TX
OMG>. that sounds SOOO good.. I'm gonna have to make some this weekend.. i've been dying for some chocolate. Thanks! when you say 60 grams of protien power, how do you measure that? I was planning to use my isopure dutch chocolate... 50 grams in 2 scoops... do I just use those 2 scoops and a little bit more? Also, did you use splenda? did it turn out well w/ the splenda?
alaskanbat
on 5/9/06 6:56 am - Wasilla, AK
My protein was 30 grams a scoop... so I would just use what you have and come as close as possible. I used Stevia powder in these.... but next time I think I will use Splenda. The stevia chart I had went by pinches... I HATE that! LOL I think I could have added a bit more to make it sweeter. I made them without the peanut butter because I didn't know if anyone in the group was allergic. They were a little (and I mean just a little) bland, and I think when I make them again I will definately put in the peanut butter. It would add that little something it was missing. I am having problems eating really sweet things right now anyway, as everything tastes too sweet. These were perfect. We spent 4 years living in Germany and the chocolate desserts there were not the sickening sweet stuff we make here. This reminded me of the desserts we had while in Germany. I hope you like them. I definately will make them again! Patti
Darlene X
on 5/9/06 7:19 am - Maricopa, AZ
Speaking of healthy brownies, this recipe is awesome.... I know it's weird, they use beans... but OMG they are VERY good! CHOCOLATE BEAN BROWNIES 1 CAN RINSED & DRAINED BLACK BEANS 3 EGGS or egg substitute 3 TBS. OIL 4 TBS COCOA POWDER A PINCH OF SALT 1 TSP. VANILLA ½- ¾ C. SPLENDA MIX INGREDIENTS TOGETHER IN A BLENDER/ FOOD PROCESSOR UNTIL PUREE. POUR INTO A GREASED 8x8 CAKE PAN. STIR IN SOME Sugar Free CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND NUTS BAKE 350 APPX. 30 MIN VERY DENSE CHOCOLATELY BROWNIE...
Tina K
on 5/9/06 7:50 am - Central, NY
Beans? Beans? Oh heavens, I have to make this just to serve to my family without telling them they are made with beans! LOL Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
Tina K
on 5/9/06 7:48 am - Central, NY
OMG - these sound wonderful! Chocolate sounds so yummy. I've got Chocolate Mint protein powder - I wonder how that would taste? Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
Lauren003
on 5/9/06 8:11 am - , NC
Yum Yum! I just bought some stevia from Trader Joe's yesterday so I think I'll try to use it. I LOVED the desserts in Germany! I lived there too (in Darmstadt, just south of Frankfurt) for a few years. Where were you? My favorite was a quark cheesecake square with a jelly glaze on top and a mandarin orange slice. There was also a nut torte that was delish. Part of the reason why I needed to have WLS! Last week I made a mostly fat free cheesecake with Joseph's sugar free pecan shortbread cookies as a crust. It was quite a change to only have 3 bites instead of 1/6 of the thing. I melted dark chocolate and added it to some cheesecake mixture to make a swirl. It was good but I didn't feel like I wanted to eat much.
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/9/06 10:55 am - My Town, NH
Patti, these sound amazing. I can't wait to try them! I wonder if I can sneak them past my hubby! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us. - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views