Period *AGAIN*

Lauren003
on 5/9/06 5:31 am - , NC
For the third time in a month and a half I'm bleeding again. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Just had to vent. My hubby leaves for Iraq in a week and a half. It'd better stop by then or I'll be
Darlene X
on 5/9/06 5:36 am - Maricopa, AZ
Oh Im sooooo glad you posted this, Im not alone!!! I hadn't had a period for 6 months before surgery (PCOS) so when I started BC my OBGYN gave me a shot of progestrone to bring one on... nasty for 7 days but it stopped... a week later it started again and hasnt stopped since... Im nearing 2 weeks straight..... the worst part is Ive always had VERY HEAVY periods, and this one is horrible.... I have super bad cramps, and no relief. Darlene
Lauren003
on 5/9/06 5:42 am - , NC
Oh Darlene, I feel your pain. How can it be so awful?! There can only be so much in there to come out, you know what I mean! I'm so sorry you have to work during this. I don't know if I could have! Between the crampiness and soaking through a tampon every 30-60 minutes I'd have been fired for the time spent in the bathroom! Tell you what though, I'm doubling up on iron. Anemia's not going to get me because my body's screwy!
Darlene X
on 5/9/06 6:19 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't do tampons, Ive hated them ever since I was a teenager... but yeah right now Im soaking through a overnight pad every 1-2 hours... Im going crazy! I mean Ive been used to heavy periods like this all my life, but I just want it to end OMG Its driving me crazy. I figure right now our hormones are crazy from the weight loss, there is stress from surgery--- plus I also introduced BC into my body... so right now nothing is going my way LOL I didn't put TMI before anything, cause I figure anyone coming into a subject about periods should be ready for way TMI hahaha Darlene
Tina K
on 5/9/06 7:54 am - Central, NY
Kind of OT but Darlene, Do you think you are taking soooo long to recover from strep because of the never ending period? Sounds like all your body's resources are being drained! Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
Darlene X
on 5/9/06 8:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
I had kind of wondered if my lack of energy was part recovery, part the fact my period has been so heavy and never ending... Im hoping it will stop soon, can't go on like this forever... and then fingers crossed I get some energy back!
Lauren003
on 5/9/06 8:19 am - , NC
That's right, I didn't think about it helping to keep you sick for so long. I hope yours goes away soon! Two weeks straight is brutal!
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/9/06 10:37 am - My Town, NH
UGH! I'm sorry you ladies are having these pesky period problems! I've only had two since surgery, but they were awful. I'm not usually one to take to my bed when I have cramps, but the first period after surgery sent me to bed for two days. The bleeding is intense and like you, I hope it doesn't continue on this trend. I don't really have any sage advice, just wanted to send my sympathy to you! - Stephanie
timsdanni
on 5/10/06 12:13 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I feel you pain girl - and say if he only has a week and a half left at home - put a water poof mattress pad on and dark sheets and have fun b/c a year is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG dry spell even with 2 weeks in the middle - been there done that. I am on #4 2 months post op but got a deppo shot yesterday so either I will be on for every or can skip this mess for a while - honestly we are hoping my dh is deployed next year so I can have a year to get fertile agian off of depo. not that I wish him gone I just wish to NOT deal with birthcontrol for a while LOL either periods or birthcontrol is plenty - I know I am whinning LOL hugs girl danni
Lauren003
on 5/10/06 11:18 pm - , NC
I understand what you mean about the birth control and I'm all for riding the pony on dark sheets! His mom's coming to visit today and leaving Tuesday so I'm hoping that by the time she leaves my ickiness will be done. Then we have 4 wild days until his send-off. How many deployments has your hubby had now? How do you deal with them? Mine did 4 years of active and was doing the 4 years of inactive to fulfill his obligation. We haven't heard a thing from the army for *years*, then we get a letter saying they're taking him back 1 week before his obligation is up. 1 week!! So rude..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views