### 05/09 What Did Ya Eat Today?

Darlene X
on 5/9/06 6:34 am - Maricopa, AZ
Still feeling very tired, but Im getting there. This stupid strep is taking forever to recover totally from... or so it seems like. I do feel better though, it's just taking it's sweet time! Tonight is support group, Im excited we have an awesome guest speaker coming who has written a WLS cook book, she has maintained goal for 5+ years, and is engaged to a Lap Band surgeon LOL... should be fun, she is absolutely beautiful! Breakfast: I was being picky- didnt want to eat, so had a few grapes, a few peices of fresh pineapple and strawberries. First time trying grapes, they were good but I found the skins bitter so spit those out. Snack: None, bad bad evil girl Lunch: Went to the cafeteria. Had a slice of provolone cheese, with a few bites of deli sliced turkey, a little honey mustard and a few small bites of a pickle. Snack: Beef jerky Dinner: Unsure--- we are going out for Greek after support group. I imagine Hubby and I will share a Gyro platter or something, a little lamb, cheese etc Im on my 3rd 16.9oz bottle of water... I hope everyone else is doing better than me LOL
Tina K
on 5/9/06 7:40 am - Central, NY
Doing better on food today but pretty sucky with liquids. Breakfast: 8 oz protein drink made with milk (30 grams protein) Snack: Cheese Stick (5 grams protein) Lunch: um...nothing! It's so hard when you don't get hungry to remember to eat when you are involved in something like cleaning! Dinner: Working on 3 oz of the chicken I cooked yesterday. I made a quick gravy and heated the chicken up in that and poured some over my chicken. So I get to eat left overs but they are not dry. (24 grams protein) Snack tonight: not sure. Maybe another cheese stick So - 59 grams of protein so far today. 64 if I have a cheese stick. Liquid - about 20 oz. I suck! Quick Chicken Gravy: Mix 2 tablespoons of flour with salt, pepper and garlic to taste Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pan Once butter is melted add flour mixure and mix with a whisk for 3 - 4 minutes Begin adding chicken broth (low fat/low sodium) from a can or box - a little at a time while whisking continually - until you've reached your desired consistency. Taste and season as needed. I add poultry seasoning to flavor it up a little bit more. Tina http://www.wls.tinakulesa.com 315/268/140
BabyRuth2u
on 5/9/06 10:29 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Breakfast: 1 wedge LF Laughing cow cheese on 1 cracker Mid Morn: protein shake 30gm Lunch: 2 oz chili, 1/4 oz hard cheese Dinner: 1 oz hamburger, 1/4 cup cauliflower with cheese drizzled, tbs clam chowder soup Had a hard time with dinner. I managed that much. We went out right after work today and went walking, it was pushing 7 by time we were done so stopped to eat. Went to golden corral. I kept putting things on my plate to try, but I'd put it in my mouth, chew a bit, it either tasted funny or I didnt want to swallow it. I don't know how many napkins I spit food into. It's getting very depressing to eat!! I am fine with my laughing cow cheese and shakes and thats about it. I did actually swallow the little that I did listed above at dinner. But everything else tasted funny. Either too sweet, too salty or didnt like the texture. Oh, i did try a little tiny piece of chicken my husband had. it looked very moist. I did manage that and all has been fine. Over the past few days I had a half a hot dog, that was new, and had a bit of the bun with it. Tried some cheesey broccli soup at Kings. Still have to work on things at home for lunches and breakfasts. Tried oatmeal the other morning, that didnt go well. It's hard to chew something that small already, but was afraid to swallow it as it was. So got a tbs maybe down in 3 bite trys, but then gave up. Tomorrows another day! 345 Feb 14/ 321 surgery day / 270 current / 170? or so..
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/9/06 11:01 am - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, don't give up! Keep on trying new things. Have you tried tuna fish yet? That was my staple for such a long time. I would boil and egg and chop that up. The egg and tuna mixed with reduced fat mayo went down fairly easily. It is such a good bang for the protein buck too! If you want a little more flavor like I did, you can add a dash of celery salt and onion powder. Tomorrow is indeed another day. I'll be sending you good thoughts that it is an excellent eating day for you. Hugs, Stephanie
Stephanie Smiles
on 5/9/06 10:50 am - My Town, NH
Hi everyone ! Breakfast: 1 package regular oatmeal and 1/2 cup of lite applesauce Lunch: 3 oz deli roast beef and 2 wedges of LC Lite French Onion Cheese Dinner: Here comes the fun part! I'm sitting in my hotel room in Boston typing. I was so nervous about having dinner with my boss tonight. I was afraid that we would go somewhere and I would have difficulty eating. I'm happy to report that was not the case. I highly recommend tapas for we WLSers. Tapas are small plates of food and typically you order several different things and share. We ordered five different items. They are small servings. So tonight I had garlic shrimp, vegetable crepe, quail in a garlic sauce, zucchini stuffed with mushrooms and asparagus, and the inside of one lobster/crab ravioli. I was concerned about the sauces that accompanied these items, but didn't have any problem at all. I'm sure I didn't get in enough protein, but I think that's okay once in a while. I'm just so happy I can still socialize and have dinner like this. It is part of my job and I was so worried I would have difficulty. The biggest difference is that I was full! Before surgery I would have been wondering what I was going to eat when I returned to my hotel room because the amount I consumed this evening would not have been enough! I even had dessert. We ordered a fruit crepe and I ate a few strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. A very successful evening for me! Have a great night! - Stephanie
Angela S.
on 5/9/06 2:54 pm - St. Ann, MO
I had a busy morning so no breakfast. B: nothing L: One White Castle cheeseburger with mustard D: About half of a baked boneless skinless chicken strip with FF mushroom soup on top and a few bites of four cheese mashed potatos (also with mushroom soup on top) S: 100 calorie pack of cheetos
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views