Recent Posts

okeriadiva
on 1/5/04 10:38 pm - RANDALLSTOWN, MD
Topic: 2 YEAR MARK
i HAVE HAD SOME UPS AND DOWNS BUT I WOULD NOT CHANGE A THING STILL MAINTAINING SOMETIMES LOWER. HAD A BREAST AUGMENTATION JUST WANT TO HAVE TUMMY DONE BUT EVERYTHING HAS A RIGHT TIME I WILL GET IT WHEN THE TIME COMES I'M SURE
elisabeth T.
on 10/1/03 3:21 pm - port st lucie, fl
Topic: RE: 19 mo post op
hi renee. iam do happy i found you ..i have attened all typesof support groups and clincis. only to find they don't take medicare medicaaid any longer . most of these sites are not updated, i am hoping this is not the case here i want to encourage you i will tell you this rule i have learned doing what they say drinking the water and exercise =success. so persevere , and if you will be so kind to e-mail me back and conform that your surgeon takes medicare/medicare would truly save my life iam at the point of having to sell my house to come up with the surgeons fee this is so devastiting for me tish@[email protected] let me know his name and phone number iam not that computer litrate and this is most definitely medically neccesary , i have spoken to my insurence and they assure me there is no problem to pay my bills in full i I find ones who list my insurance but they all say a year ago they stopped take med/ medcaid ...frustration is building i need major back surgery i have been cleared for the surgery esp. cardiac and now this problem of no surgeon can you pleae advise thank you and god bless and i will pray for your continued success thanks again tish
Nanae
on 9/25/03 11:29 am - Rye, TX
Topic: 19 mo post op
I just found this section. I have lost 128 lbs and have been holding at 181 for about 5 to 6 mos now. I am 5'10" tall and wear size 12's. I love being me right now. This is the happiest I have been since I was a teenager. I do want to have my arms, boobs and tummy done and have started my fund....Working extra shifts....I also would tell anyone thinking of this surgery to go for it. I would do it again tomorrow if they said I had to so I could maintain this weight....Peace and Love to you all.........Renee'
Ann B.
on 9/4/03 2:29 am - Norwalk, CT
Topic: RE: plastic surgery after weight loss surgery
Well, I look at it this way. Before surgery I hated how I looked with and without clothes. Now, I just don't like how I look without them : ) So when it comes down to it, we are still way ahead of the game! Low self esteem and poor body image has been part of our lives for so long, and perhaps it is a remnant of how you felt before the surgery. I have decided, that I have to work on how I see myself, and to accept myself more than I have to work on the physical shortcomings at this point. One thing at a time! Best of luck to you. Enjoy your success. You deserve to. Regards, Ann
Diane B.
on 9/2/03 10:42 am - San Francisco, ca
Topic: RE: 18 months
Congratulation Helen, I feel just like you do I'm having my 18 months check-up next week and I still can't believe how much my life has changed over the past year and a half, new boy-friend, new job, new appartement and more importantly new lease on life.... Take Care, Diane
Helen D.
on 8/19/03 11:05 am - Willoughby, OH
Topic: 18 months
Well, I am sitting hear thinking about my 18 month check up tomorrow. I am very excited. I cannot believe how much this has changed my life!!!! I have only thanks for my surgeon Dr Sonpal. He is a miracle worker!!! You saved my life!!!
Theresa B.
on 8/6/03 12:10 pm - Effort, PA
Topic: 18 months out and loving it...
It has been 18 months since my life changing surgery. I love my new body except for the skin but am working on a TT appeal from the ins co.... My husband had the surgery 2 months ago and is looking fine too. I am so happy we will be thin together. I have been very successful in my career as a Tupperware manager because I am more confident in everthing I do.... If you ever think that you may want to do this it has been worth all the problems and pain...
Gina Landers
on 7/31/03 7:25 am - Macon, GA
Topic: RE: Hi
Hi Kimberly, Remember me.. we are surgery sisters.. I had my third surgery and second revision on Feb 7. 2002. I am a very distal RNY but will be glad to let you know how I eat each day. I do 5 pre digested whey protein shakes per day and eat 4-5 small meas per day, meaning a meal could be 1/4 cup ricotta cheese.. mixed with cinnamon, and splenda, a handful of nuts, 1/2 piece toast w/ 1 tbs peanut butter, 1/4 cup soup, 1/4 grilled chicken breast, and veggies.. etc I am happy to hear that you are down to your goal weight. I still have about 40 ish pounds that I want to lose. I am about 5 pounds away from the internists goal weight for me. Take care.. Hugs, Gina
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/03 10:21 pm - haverhill, MA
Topic: Hi
This is my first trip to the Feb. 2002 message board. I had my Open Rny on feb 7th,2002 . Is anyone willing to share their current food plan with me? I have lost all the weight that I need to lose. Do you use protein shakes? Why? or Why not?. I aim for 1250 calories per day with 80 grams of protein. Seems logical to me. Just lookin for ideas from others.
Theresa B.
on 7/8/03 10:19 am - Effort, PA
Topic: RE: plastic surgery after weight loss surgery
I know how you feel. I hat the hanging skin and the saggy boobs too. I want to have the plastic surgery but I have been denied 2 times. I have a hernia that needs to be fixed and I want to have it all done at once but I cannot afford to have it done. We all have some skin but the more you lose the more it wrinkles. Just hang in there.
Most Active
Recent Topics